What class to start new game and why?

devirt11

What class to start new game and why? I remember i played ToP like 10 years ago and i know Crusaders were OP, they still are?

sarenokai

Squid Slayer
They are, but like old top everything is 10x more expensive. For example a rage is almost 20m and a strike is 2m.

It's a little more flexible since BD gems are limited to lvl 3 and other gems lvl 5.

Seal master is pretty good but no damage with seals or mini stun. Really OP at high level especially con.

SS is good but pretty weak until you hit 65+ and you'll always be squishy. Even max gem you'll only get like 6-7k hp.

Tank is expensive for a slasher build, but a solid solo class.

Con Voyagers are pretty good but I haven't played one.

I have only built a cleric as a buffer so I'm not sure how viable a combat based one would be. I've heard at 80+ SM outshines them though.

Personally SS and magic classes are good to start and once you've had time to make some gold build a crus from then.

That's just my opinion of the current system

devirt11

Thx, i decided to play SM but idk which build to use full spr, full con or spr/con 1:1
Is 30 spr and rest to con good? 30 spr to help me lvl up and full con to be more useful in guilds/pvp

sarenokai

Squid Slayer
Check out in the seal master group of guides one called seal master master class.

For stats and skills I haven't played enough to give you good advice but your seals are probably the most important.

Heck back in TopII I heard of a str SM that was strong. (Weird right?!) So there are some things to consider. Read a lot make a few low level tests to see what you prefer and like.

Good luck to you!

raposaazul

Squid Slayer
In my opinion, i always start with a DPS class, or some class that i can Get money or pplvl alone other account in case i want start with a new one.... I mean, SS, Crus, Voy or even Champ is usefull to get lv 60 first of all, no need get PRO equips on it... After that i like to play with classes which i love, like Cleric...
Cleric and SM are not good to pplvl or farm money like manu itens, or Cook itens....But if u only go PK and get high lvl paying someone or making Party Lvl with ur SM thats a good option start with it... Thats my opinion

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
What class to start new game and why? I remember i played ToP like 10 years ago and i know Crusaders were OP, they still are?
Form our own personal observation, it is good to start with a combo of voyager and champion. Both classes do not require anything special till a certain level. This way players make base characters they can use for leveling all their other types of characters.

In this case, the champion is needed just to sit and lure monsters. Voyager hides beside the wall or tree or any other obstacle of choice and uses conch ray to mass damage monsters.

devirt11

Go for STR or AGI after full CON Champion?
Also Voyager should be full CON then SPR or full SPR then CON or 1:1?
If i lvl up to lvl 60+ i want to be useful in guilds.

dualswordmaster

Squid Slayer
Game Volunteer
Full acc ss easy to start and lvl.
Full spr voy need some expirience to play but its easy too
Crusaders hard to start
Champion solo super hard to start or super useless till 75 and RB quest.
Sm solo unreal to start only buy pvl
Cleric solo unreal to start. After lvl 70 u need buy plvl

I recommend start with voy or ss. Voy can be full con or spr its nevermind any build can solo lvl. Ss must be full acc.

But all classes useful in hi lvl pk. Its not crus only serv.

rixivee

I'm pretty much going with this setup:

1. Create Buffer(go full con, get any fairy with novice meditation to replenish SP)
2. Create Tank(I'd go for pure CON here, high level champion will be useful asset in building other characters)
3. Create Pure SPR Explorer/Voyager(this will be your "main" as in being a character that you can use to support other characters)

Basically you level them up all at once, don't bother much with gearing until you choose a character you want to focus on.

4. Create a numerous alts to figure out which class/build suits you best and use the aforementioned to level it up.
5. When you get bored, you've got superior arsenal to level yet another character for some special purpose such as FC/DS/DW.

devirt11

Full acc ss easy to start and lvl.
Full spr voy need some expirience to play but its easy too
Crusaders hard to start
Champion solo super hard to start or super useless till 75 and RB quest.
Sm solo unreal to start only buy pvl
Cleric solo unreal to start. After lvl 70 u need buy plvl

I recommend start with voy or ss. Voy can be full con or spr its nevermind any build can solo lvl. Ss must be full acc.

But all classes useful in hi lvl pk. Its not crus only serv.
I decided to go for SS but full acc rly? Can someone confirm its the best build? I thought con/acc would be better bcz you need to be a little tanky in pk and use debuffs?

dualswordmaster

Squid Slayer
Game Volunteer
I decided to go for SS but full acc rly? Can someone confirm its the best build? I thought con/acc would be better bcz you need to be a little tanky in pk and use debuffs?
in this game CON gave super low hp and def bonus. u will die in one slash if u con or acc any way. When u start better go full ACC than at lv 75 after RB quest u can change build and become pro con ss if u still want try.

sarenokai

Squid Slayer
Just keep in mind that SS have the worst con scaling in the game. With con rings/ max lvl con pet, and lvl 65 con/agi necklace and non-gemmed CA equips you'll only have around 6500 hp. Your damage will be pretty low and speed slow too. It can be viable but I really don't think its good as a class to start off with because it won't be able to help level any of your other characters.

devirt11

Just keep in mind that SS have the worst con scaling in the game. With con rings/ max lvl con pet, and lvl 65 con/agi necklace and non-gemmed CA equips you'll only have around 6500 hp. Your damage will be pretty low and speed slow too. It can be viable but I really don't think its good as a class to start off with because it won't be able to help level any of your other characters.
So go full acc and after maxing go con or agi?
I thought it will be good for plvl bcz of high damage from auto attacks. Anyway right now i need only 1 main character, dont need to plvl other chars.

sarenokai

Squid Slayer
Its a good idea to add between 10-30 agi then go full acc. Since most guns you'll use will reduce your attack speed by over 10%. I'd start with 20 agi then get a feel for the speed until you are happy with it. You'll still have max acc by lvl 70.