Viability of the game for new player

AzwTyr

I just started this game few days ago, have read up on guides and such (was also a pko player a long time ago, before TOP came out).. I'm just wondering how much gold do you guys (average player, not the hardcore top players) able to normally farm per hour? I have just been looking around the market and everything costs in the millions.. starting out, all these things are obviously out of my reach, but i have checked out some gold farming guides here, such as farming pure water, etc, according to the guide it merely brings 100k+ per hour. That is a really low amount seeing you can just drop 1$ for 600k worth of rum. That's like grinding for 5 hours for 1$.

So I am wondering is there a brighter future financially for f2p players in this game? Is it possible to just farm money in game and gitgud? By farming I referring to reasonable time spent vs profit balance, and not like having to farm 100+ hours just for 1 piece of equipment. Last time when I was playing the game I could profit off farming places like DS for chests, farming for spring island ingredients and stuff, it was pretty decent.

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
It's definitely possible to grow in-game as a f2p player, it simply takes time.
How much time it takes depends on how you play it out. The start is always rough, though it does get easier to get money as you level up generally.

The start, when the grinding is, as you called it "5 hours for 1$" can be a bit misleading. Yes, most stuff you will need costs millions, though you really don't need that much money at the start. A pet with meditation, some ratz and amps cost little and can get you a long way.

As more methods become available, your efficiency is what defines how difficult the whole thing will be. For example, it's probably better to try and farm money as you level or farm something and level an alt alongside you and similar. There's a lot of ways to make whatever it is you're doing more efficient, and that's the main point to maximizing your gain and making the grind a bit easier.

i have checked out some gold farming guides here, such as farming pure water, etc, according to the guide it merely brings 100k+ per hour
I would rather just outright ask people for advice than read "guides for money". A lot of things have changed since most of those were written, and they can either be:
-Misleading (100k per hour by farming oysters is a joke)
-Inefficient (not mention using amps for example)
-Outdated (prices of certain items having gone up/down and similar)
-Copied guides from several years back (read: Outdated but worse)

dualswordmaster

Brawling Shipboy
Game Volunteer
I just started this game few days ago, have read up on guides and such (was also a pko player a long time ago, before TOP came out).. I'm just wondering how much gold do you guys (average player, not the hardcore top players) able to normally farm per hour? I have just been looking around the market and everything costs in the millions.. starting out, all these things are obviously out of my reach, but i have checked out some gold farming guides here, such as farming pure water, etc, according to the guide it merely brings 100k+ per hour. That is a really low amount seeing you can just drop 1$ for 600k worth of rum. That's like grinding for 5 hours for 1$.

So I am wondering is there a brighter future financially for f2p players in this game? Is it possible to just farm money in game and gitgud? By farming I referring to reasonable time spent vs profit balance, and not like having to farm 100+ hours just for 1 piece of equipment. Last time when I was playing the game I could profit off farming places like DS for chests, farming for spring island ingredients and stuff, it was pretty decent.

here my yt project I start from zero and take lv 45. it was easy af and also I show some ways how I get gold.
I farm this water and sbp and get like 500-600k in one hour (stacks of water + sbp 200k in sum every stack) its pretty decent money for new player. than u can buy few important items and go lvl grind. when u grind mobs usally random items pay back exp amp and etc...
than at lv 55+- u able to farm another items or start any cook\manu shit..

Denied

Hi AzwTyr! I'm also somewhat new, started on launch for a few weeks then quit till now.

Whether you can "catch up" as a f2p player really depends on what you mean by that. For example, if you mean become one of the best in the server, then probably not, because you will basically need to spend all your time playing this game for a year or so. But, if you simply mean leveling up and gearing up for high level guild vs guild and boss killing content, then sure!

The reason it is possible to catch up in this way is because there are advantages of other people being progressed in the server. Those advantages are: cheaper items (people sell items they used to use for cheaper than it cost to make them), faster selling manufacturing and cooking goods (people didnt used to have the money to buy a lot of manu and cooking goods), high level fairies and poss (didn't exist on server launch), and high lvl people plvl you fast!

For catching up as quickly as possible I would suggest focusing solely on getting money (through manu, cooking, story quests, etc.) so that you can buy and sell items (you will probably not catch up with farming alone). Then making your first big purchase a lv41 fairy of evil and poss, this will be what you use to level. Until you get the fairy of evil and poss you should probably only level to about 45 or so (or more if there's a hexathlon event!). You should then spend your money on plvling, or plvl with others and split money on nanas. It may sound strange, especially if you are a crusader, but others can level you immensely faster than you can level yourself. Then, after you get some levels, spend your money on fully gemmed and 110% equips to take advantage of people who came before you, do not buy equips you need to gem and upgrade yourself!

The main down side of this all is it's mostly solo content, but there is at least 1 guild for new players, and that guild is LovelySmile!

Good luck!

TL;DR:
You can catch up.
Focus on money not leveling. (manu, story quests, cooking, etc...)
Buy a lv41 FoE and poss.
Buy plvls, or plvl with others and split money on nanas, never level solo.
Join the guild LovelySmile.
Good luck!