Tree of fortune/Meteorite.

lietuvix357

Squid Slayer
Will there be legendary tree of fortune, and will there be the meteorite?
If so, will you edit the tree and the meteorite health, so people cant abuse it?

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
The Tree has had very little effect to the actual gameplay in ToP. It was practically the only way you could gain something while AFKing (Excluding auto-skilling), and the rewards are moderate - Lucky packets which let you skip the lvling to 10, Fortune packets which give you tickets (Quite an important aspect in a vanilla server), and very rarely Prosperous packets, which is a glorified Fortune packet, albeit having a higher chance to give HBs or CBs. (It's the only non-maller way of getting them, excluding SQ and lv20 Newbie Box).

I think it won't have a big impact of economy, but for me at least, trying to open 3 clients to chop over night and get dc'd after a couple hours due to bad Internet brings back old memories.

Although a problem may be the fact that people can now load way more chars, hence way more alts chopping the trees, bear in mind that there's plenty of Trees, but also that (if I remember correctly), the more chars chopping the tree, the lower the drop rate, and 20 chars chopping the tree means that nothing drops at all. (I've read so on an old ToP Forum thread, so this may need confirmation)

Zankza

~
Staff member
Legendary Tree doesn't seem to be spawning right now. Strangely however, Meteorite definitely is spawning.

Horoscope

I remember in an older server the gm gave legendary tree a health bar so you could only chop until it died and wait an hour for respawn. If its such a big problem maybe zankza can try that.

Hillarien

Squid Slayer
Actually tree of fortune will somewhat inprove economics. HB/CB won't have too huge of a price and id say they that's for the better.

joelng123

• 1468/532 Icicle
  • 980/3476 Shaitan
  • 2099/2753 Argent
By the way, when I wanted to chop in the Legendary tree of fortune, a System message told me that the tree had nothing to give, that I should let it rest for it to give me something.

[System]Seems that nothing will come out anymore. Time to let the money tree rest before it really falls

Yttrium

By the way, when I wanted to chop in the Legendary tree of fortune, a System message told me that the tree had nothing to give, that I should let it rest for it to give me something.

[System]Seems that nothing will come out anymore. Time to let the money tree rest before it really falls
It says that for me to, but if you let your character chop for a bit with Auto Collect On (Ctrl Shift A), then you will get stuff.