News Tidbits [21 Apr 2020] Take #2

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Client and Server
  • Prepared servers for multi-shard deploy.
  • Prepared Mall for multi-shard deploy.
  • Fixed talk distance on Sea.
  • Enabled Cargo Trade.
  • Fixed un-tradable item in tradable apparel bug. (Now if Item or apparel is untradable, the final item is also untradable)
  • Right-Click menu filters implemented.
  • Party bug fixed (Thanks for the feedback).
  • Portal bug fixed (Thanks for the feedback).

Items & Quests
  • Removed Chaos Voucher<->Chaos Voucher exchange from `Chaos Administrator`
  • `Career Lot` and `Fortune Lot` is non-stackable.
  • `Fortune Lot` require players to have minimal gold in their pockets.
  • Lv41 Disciple reward reduced to 100 000 gold.. + gives 20x `Blessed Heaven's Berry`
  • `Researching Chest` now gives `Blessed Heaven's Berry`
  • Changed Story Quest:
    #313 Memento of Andrew -- Removed `Beautiful Chest`
    #317 Blood of Pirate -- Removed `Mystic Chest`
    #318 Soul of Navy -- Removed `Mystic Chest`
    #327 Repentant -- Untradable `Lv 1 Refining Gem Voucher`
    #336 Language of the Pirates -- Removed `Icy Crystal` and `Old Sheepskin Scroll`
    #355 Goddess Test -- Replaced `Heaven's Berry` with `Blessed Heaven's Berry`
    #371 Exploration Test -- Replaced `Charmed Berry` with `Divine Charmed Berry`
    #378 Ancient Brooch -- Removed `Consitution Recovery Vial`
    #387 Wheel of Fate -- Removed `Voodoo Doll`
    #391 Language Barrier -- Replaced `Shooting Star` to untradable counterpart
    #392 Rare Visitor from Afar -- Added restriction Lv > 59
    #513 Make the Finishing Point -- Untradable `Lv 1 Refining Gem Voucher` gives `Blessed Refining Gem`
    #519 Talisman -- `Blue Forging Fruit` and `Red Combining Fruit` untradable
    #555 Tragedy -- Replaced `Light of Terra` to untradable counterpart; Untradable `Lv 2 Refining Gem Voucher`
    #556 Past -- Untradable `Lv 2 Refining Gem Voucher`
    #558 Demand for Payment -- Removed `Fairy of Hope`

Database
  • Removed game data of all banned players before 20 Apr 2019.
  • Removed old deleted game characters before 20 Oct 2019.
  • All inactive guilds got disbanded

Pirate King Online Team

Last edited:

twisthate

Reaction score
Dev, will you be opening soon? I hope soon so i dont see discord in chaos anymore. ty!

I agree with the money making nerf, they only make the server look dead. now we will see everyone in farming and lvling in common zones and Interacting. People will hate it because of the changes. I mean who doesnt hate changes, thats why the world will never change.

LuisaRLZ

Admiral
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
#327 Repentant -- Untradable `Lv 1 Refining Gem Voucher
just one note i'd like to point out... once this refining gem voucher is exchanged, will the ref be tradeable? or will the NPC give you a blessed refining? since the note is technically telling you it wont be tradeable only while its a voucher haha

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
#327 Repentant -- Untradable `Lv 1 Refining Gem Voucher
just one note i'd like to point out... once this refining gem voucher is exchanged, will the ref be tradeable? or will the NPC give you a blessed refining? since the note is technically telling you it wont be tradeable only while its a voucher haha
Yes. it gives the untradable Ref along with Lv2 Voucher too.

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dev, will you be opening soon? I hope soon so i dont see discord in chaos anymore. ty!

I agree with the money making nerf, they only make the server look dead. now we will see everyone in farming and lvling in common zones and Interacting. People will hate it because of the changes. I mean who doesnt hate changes, thats why the world will never change.
Thank you. I also really want to push the sealed/unsealed change that got reverted.
But it seems to have a bit of a problem that needs to be addressed first. If even can be addressed at all.

Last edited:

dualswordmaster

Brawling Shipboy
Game Volunteer
Reaction score
Items & Quests

• `Career Lot` and `Fortune Lot` is non-stackable.
Im sure no need to do it since lot need 30k to be opend. And this cant stop ppl who bot to get oss since they open lots 1 by 1 anyway.

SoruSorma

Squid Slayer
Reaction score
Fixed un-tradable item in tradable apparel bug. (Now if Item or apparel is untradable, the final item is also untradable)
What prupose does this serve?
Actually making untradable things tradable after fusing it with apparels will give a chance to people playing solo to get some good equipements from what we can call leftover eqs when players in guilds upgrade into better eqs when they clear new mazes. I want to understand this change?

I am pretty sure there are much better things to work on rather than fixing small items which has more of a negative effect or no effect at all. For example, right click filter- game runnig good before that.

Work on all uservoice's suggestion that are on planned list before changing anything new?.
Cooldown counter has been on planned list since April 2018 https://pirateking.online/threads/cooldown-count-down.6092/. 2 Years...
Fixing system spam message on planned list since april 2018 again 2 years. https://pirateking.online/threads/fix-recovery-potion-spam.6088/
Fission scroll on planned list since oct 2018.https://pirateking.online/threads/keep-apparels-once-fused.6637/
marriage on planned list since spet 2019. https://pirateking.online/threads/add-marriage-in-pko.7218/

Don't you have the greatest PKO team? Prove it. or maybe we should make PKO update time like valve has https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Dudeperfefct

Reaction score
What is the difference between heavens berry and blessed heavens berry?

King220

Reaction score
Nice inventory update i like that fairies and wings no longer take up spot instead they have a spot by equipment

rehfuf1

Reaction score
disagree about lots. Need fix bot to take oss, its good, but now u can't open lots everywhere cus u can take only 45 lots... (stack per 20?)
About money for use lot: disagree too, cus it was good alternative for farming. U waste cb (hi price) if u farm in pvp mazes or waste almost free lots for farm in pve
About hb: good idea, but problem with count them on marter. Maybe add +1 tradeble hb in chest 40+?
About untradeble chest's equip in apparel: not like it cus it do good market from start

Seiko

Reaction score
You guys really going with all of the gameplay changes instead of fixing the game ? There are so many things that need to be addressed. As I opened the character to get into game, I got complete bluescreen in game. Happened a few times now, I have to close the game and open it again since relogging doesnt work. When I move around, and try to have stat tab open it instantly closes after clicking on screen. I didn't even choose the tweak to have it show my character with items in stat tab, and i cant get it to not show it since its annoying as hell. You are also killing your playerbase for your volunteers or whoever. Changes you make don't make any sense at all, and you destroying SQ is just buffing mallers, who already have plenty of options to choose from. You also make those untradable changes, which again buff mallers. Looks like you destroyed OSS as well, which already wasn't that good from what I heard. Leveling alts to 41 gives 100k now, again, all you did was destroy our methods and gave mallers a boost. These are my opinions, and you really discouraged me from playing. Thanks a lot.

Leptis

Squid Slayer
Reaction score
Items & Quests
  • Removed Chaos Voucher<->Chaos Voucher exchange from `Chaos Administrator`
So, if you are removing the chaos vouchers, how are we supposed to manufacture/craft the items that need these vouchers? Are they going to be replaced with something else?

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
Reaction score
So, if you are removing the chaos vouchers, how are we supposed to manufacture/craft the items that need these vouchers? Are they going to be replaced with something else?
He's simply removing the option to exchange 1 Expert Voucher for 100 Standard/10000 Novice ones. They're still dropped normally as they should have been.

Leptis

Squid Slayer
Reaction score
He's simply removing the option to exchange 1 Expert Voucher for 100 Standard/10000 Novice ones. They're still dropped normally as they should have been.
Thank you for your quick answer! That makes it much more clear :)

PanMilan

Brawling Shipboy
Reaction score
Database
  • Removed game data of all banned players before 20 Apr 2019.
  • Removed old deleted game characters before 20 Oct 2019.
  • All inactive guilds got disbanded

Pirate King Online Team

RIP :pink_squid_2: you unbanned me after wipe smart move.

Last edited:

arthuroflegend

Reaction score
you guys must be kidding? When i was new, i sold my hb to get 15-20k to buy other stuff. And those 200k i used to buy skills. Every money counts in beginning. How will you promote beginners to come play? Just make it Pay to Play already and let go of all shenanigans.
And removing beautiful chest and mystic chest? really those r worth 5k and 60-70k, why does it matter?

And biggest concern is most of above updates can be done later. Like someone said earlier, maybe focus on primary pending things instead of removing stuff from sq, which is not breaking game in any way. This aint vanilla server no more, its like botched up watery vanilla which does not feel good.

Sad asf.

Chris

Squid Slayer
Reaction score
Impressive, nerfs nerfs nerfs, lvling alts was already boring and slow but doable by any new player as an option for money, SQ boring too cause nerfed rewards and the quest itself is painfull, but now its just weird, where does this necessity for changing gameplay stuff comes from? As the other guy mentioned, there are alot of quality of life that would'nt unbalance the game, instead would make it a little better(like the cooldown thing or maybe fix the wrong stats in lv 70 stones/unseals by a little so it becomes somehow usefull for other classes not just crus). Nerfing those money making methods for free to play people just make it harder for those people, i dont know if u remember, but this server is already hard and very slow to do anything, lvling a bunch of alts isnt quick at all, farming sq for those OSS and Ref isnt quick at all, the options for money making are very limited since top exists, not to say they are all absolutely annoying/boring due to the beautifull old game mechanics. OSS nerfs just helps creating a wall between rich bois and non mallers, since those non mallers have to farm alot more with nerfed ways to get a possibly overpriced UG(since big demand and lower supply. Being more neutral about this, at minimum this kind of changes should be done a while AFTER the new server was launched, so u could better know what to change or not based on how the server was progressing, doing this so early just discourages other people who may not have a entire day free for farming(which is not my case but there alot of those people) oh well, goodluck to us all.
Ah yes and ''vanilla server'' xd. Maybe changed priorities.