Old ToP/ToP player returning!

macanoid

Hello,

I played ToP way back in 2008 and was my first MMO game. Installed PKO today and the nostalgia really hit me. I'm also impressed at how the server has such low powercreep without OP items at every corner and completely crippled by P2W items. Really promising!

However, I'm curious about which class is best played as a beginner without any money. I think I'm gonna go for voy but I will mostly play solo so I wanna know how should I distribute stats? Shouls I go 2:1 con/spr for a balance between dps and tanking or should I go for full con?

Spidpex

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
Welcome to the club my friend! This server is a truly amazing one, with lots of cool stuff and active staff!

The best class to play as a beginner on a budget, is by far a sharpshooter, go make sure u pump full ACC on that ss, maybe even til atleast lv 50, and for solo lvling, make sure you dont upgrade any skills on it, before high lvl (pump alot of good skill points into raneg mastery and gun firegun mastery, for that sweet extra damage you will be doing! Also, another tip is to invite a friend or two, so you get a second account, that you can use for a cleric to have as your buffer, to buff that hunter of urs with some atatck speed/def or atatck buffs!

I strongly recomend this!

macanoid

Welcome to the club my friend! This server is a truly amazing one, with lots of cool stuff and active staff!

The best class to play as a beginner on a budget, is by far a sharpshooter, go make sure u pump full ACC on that ss, maybe even til atleast lv 50, and for solo lvling, make sure you dont upgrade any skills on it, before high lvl (pump alot of good skill points into raneg mastery and gun firegun mastery, for that sweet extra damage you will be doing! Also, another tip is to invite a friend or two, so you get a second account, that you can use for a cleric to have as your buffer, to buff that hunter of urs with some atatck speed/def or atatck buffs!

I strongly recomend this!
Thank you! However, I've already started doing the explorer quest since voy is kinda appealing because of tanking ability if I go full con. Is solo voy much worse than solo SS?

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
Thank you! However, I've already started doing the explorer quest since voy is kinda appealing because of tanking ability if I go full con. Is solo voy much worse than solo SS?
Yea, sadly it will be much worse, but even early game spr is icnredible hard for that class, since early on relying on corals and semi-decent range is hard

Thats why SS comes in so handy, cuz no consumptions of corals, + range, so u dont need to worry about being low so much (and as i mentioned a buffer is increeeeeedible essentinal to have aswell) - maybe a ami cleric, cuz they can wear hats that give defense and such aswell

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
+ u can use that buffer later on to aid ur potentional mid/late game voy or crus that u might end up making ssooner than later! :D

sarenokai

TOP was also my first MMO back in 08. I played every class with more than a fair share of builds. Although when people were selling stacks of BD sets (Yes STACKS) I always went back to SS. I find SS Acc till max then agi or con is the way to go with the class. avoid putting many points into rousing, headshot, and any bow skills not required for gun skills. (unless you are going for a bow build, but that is a whole other game). Oh and once enfeeble, cripple, and firegun mastery are maxed you can do what you want since those are by far the most important skills.

You'll feel squishy but your movement speed is amazing once you get to around 60 with the necklace and CA paw.

I remember having a race with my buddy with my lvl 95 SS. He used teleports and I just RAN from Argent to Thundoria. I won lol.
Amazingly fun once you get the hang of it. Sadly no matter what you put into con you won't be able to tank more than one slash at high lvl. I only got up to about 5.5k hp with a full con SS which is garbage for any tank.

Anyway I hope you have a ton of fun its my favorite class, I just wish guns didn't slow you down and the class had better dodge/skill pt (I think its about 2 Agi for 1 point of dodge)

As for voyagers, they are very versitile. A land voy is one of the best for large mobs once you get conch, but like the SS its hard to get enough def and hp to tank much when facing those invisible crus. (invisible, huge 1 hit ability, and stun OP me thinks)

Hey. this brings back memories of when i played TOP in 2009. Was never that good back then. im thinking of being a cruz. What do you guys think?