New to crusader, a few questions about it

essah36

Hi everyone,

I am a new player to crusader and I have a few questions I want to ask to the community for help with what to use.
I am a lv55 crusader with 45 base agi rest str.

1. Does the Barboro's fork thing where it increases your dual sword mastery to lv10 work even if I have lv4 on it already or does it only work if its lv2.

2. Is it worth buying dual DoE at lv55 or is there any better weapon I should be using.

3. What rings, necklace, chest, gloves and boots are best to use? And if I can't get my hands on the best of every part what's a solid replacement for it?

4. How much does a fairy actually help you? And I also heard it is really expensive, is it expensive in the means of getting it or in the means of keeping its stamina full.

5. How should I continue going about my stats? Do I need more agi or more str. I see some people saying 170aspd is best then use berserk and some say get 210aspd passive, which is better?

Thanks in advance for any answers (if anyone will even answer my pleb questions) c:

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
1. Does the Barboro's fork thing where it increases your dual sword mastery to lv10 work even if I have lv4 on it already or does it only work if its lv2.
It works on any level, but obviously lv2 is the most efficient one.
2. Is it worth buying dual DoE at lv55 or is there any better weapon I should be using.
Depends. DoEs are the best weapons until lv65, where you can get BoEs, though they are a bit more expensive. If you think you can afford BoEs and hit lv65 without too many problems, then you can stick with dual Spike of Sistine (eva chest weapon), otherwise, pick up DoEs.
3. What rings, necklace, chest, gloves and boots are best to use? And if I can't get my hands on the best of every part what's a solid replacement for it?
Rings - at lv60 either go for Kiss of Nic (Agi ring) or Peter's Call (Str Ring); depending on how much agi you need for a certain attack speed milestone. Alternatively, use hit rate rings Lv55 or Lv60 for leveling or for budget rings
Neck - Lv60 speed neck (either hp or sp, not a huge difference)
Gloves/Boots - Lv60 enigma chest items (Greaves of the Kylin, Gauntlets of the Kylin) are your best option. Until then, use eva chest items lv50 (Sistine)
4. How much does a fairy actually help you? And I also heard it is really expensive, is it expensive in the means of getting it or in the means of keeping its stamina full.
Fairy is one of the most important parts of this game. If you can't afford a high level 2nd gen pet, try to buy a higher level 1st gen pet to help you with the early game. But as soon as you can get your hands on a lv41 2nd gen str pet and a fairy possession, you get a +82 stat boost, which is phenomenal. Yes, a fairy is expensive but keeping it alive isn't as expensive (Before lv27, around ~6k per hour)
5. How should I continue going about my stats? Do I need more agi or more str. I see some people saying 170aspd is best then use berserk and some say get 210aspd passive, which is better?
There's no "better" build. You can use 170 aspd and zerk build, which is better for PK (higher slash), or 210 passive (but my preference in that case is to get 210 with speed buff, so 189 attack speed) for easier leveling/farming. It comes down to personal preference.

Evinn

Squid Slayer
Leba covered everything, therefore i'll just try to add a few tips:

strength increases like compound interest. So, the more str u have, the more it will benefit you.
It happens on what we call "breaks", for each 5 or 6 str, there will be a "bonus" of max attack.
if u have 100 total strength, once u pack up another "block" of 6, you'll get lets say 40 max bonus.

xCryloud (the strongest crus) on the other hand, having lets say 200 strength, once he finishes his "break" will pack up a lot more max bonus, lets say 80.

the first thing u gotta do is get yourself a pet with novice meditation. So you can spam your skills without the need of sitting.
you dont need to lvl this pet. Wasting 1 million to receive +4 str bonus wont help u anyway.

-you gotta reach 210 aspd. At least 210 with buffs. You'll notice, when upgrading your gear, you wont need that much base stat agi anymore, so you will eventually reset them and put at STR.
Why unseal swords are better than, for example, a wyrm +6 str?[
they provide dodge. And dodge saves your ass at farming, lvling, pking.
they provide a higher %aspd. An unsealed BOE provides 10% apsd. this is huge, compared to 5%. also, if u strenghten your BOE to 110%, theres now a 110% of the equipment stat, and so, 1% bonus aspd.
(sounds like it doesnt matter, but remember, 2 boes, 2%, 2% of 300 would be 6 more aspd, which can save you like 4 base agi you could pack up at STR, which in an advanced gemmed situation, could turn out on 50+ max attack, which is huge)

you should just put at str now.
get yourself eva/enigma gear.
always aim at higher %aspd gear.

And make money.
how?
you can start doing story quests till refs lvl 2, boring asf, but once u get the hang of it, its a decent money making method.
you can go DS.
you can mall a bit, it wil lsave u a lot of time.
you can cook or craft. Cooking is nowadays the best money making method.
thats it. cheers!

essah36

Thanks for the responses, learned some useful things and i'll keep all of what you said in mind ^^.

For now i'll go with dual DoE, hp neck, hit rate rings and sistine set c:

I'll try to get my hands on a fairy soon.
Just a question about the novice meditation and all other novice fairy skills, do all those effects apply to you?
Like +10 SP recovery, 10 HP recovery? Also, how do you get Standard meditation, recover etc, is that from 2nd gen fairies?

pucoski123

Squid Slayer
A second gen fairy actually earns you money. It converts one stack of rations (lets say you buy it for 500k), into 50 stacks of coins. You can sell those stacks 20k each meaning you make a million and you pay half the price