New Server

Momorazor

Squid Slayer
And also bashing Hermes is pretty shitty he came here with an idea of how he thought might improve game/ draw new players so idk why you boys are so hostile because 1. It’s just a game and 2. Your the only ones taking it serious .... LOL
Its dumb idea. Also i was more polite than that post deserved . U need to be complete moron to think that solution for low populated game is to open new server. And this guy can shit now how he just wants this new server because it will help game or whatever but check first page. He doesnt give a fuuck about game.He want new server because it suits him and he wants fresh start. Im sure he will quit new server really fast too xD. Losers stay losers
Something needs to happen though.I think some new features would attract some old players back, lika more often Hexa , abba 4+, new mazes , new guild system, etc etc .

Last edited:

Hermes

Squid Slayer
Its dumb idea. Also i was more polite than that post deserved . U need to be complete moron to think that solution for low populated game is to open new server. And this guy can shit now how he just wants this new server because it will help game or whatever but check first page. He doesnt give a fuuck about game.He want new server because it suits him and he wants fresh start. Im sure he will quit new server really fast too xD. Losers stay losers
Something needs to happen though.I think some new features would attract some old players back, lika more often Hexa , abba 4+, new mazes , new guild system, etc etc .
Claims to be polite. Your first post was calling people who wanted new server assholes... Don't try to play kind guy or victim here. You are toxic as f. I wan't new server cuz old server is not bringing new players. My first post was need of the new server. But when I look yours it was toxic as you. I never quit the old server and not gonna quit the new one if it was there. I don't know how can you talk about me when you don't even know me. Who said I can't do shit or can't lvl I did well for my character enough for casual play and chilling with people.

Also show me where I dont give a fuck about the game. Why new server suits me. It suits me cuz I think it will bring new players. I hate to eat my words but this is my last comment to you. Have fun with your toxic loser ass. I don't even know why you are still here other than insulting people.

Momorazor

Squid Slayer
this is like 3rd time u saying u will stop responding. I was wondering since u showed me your genius. What is your solution for solving global warming?? Flamethrower for every human being. Your solution for failing at university?? Enroll into another one.
Can u please try to think. How will new server help with this. U will split this , already weak server in 2, u will get some extra returning players, who will prolly quit in under 2 months. All in all in 2 months u will have instead of 1 shitty server with 200 people 2 way shittier servers with under 100 people. I keep telling myself that u cant be this stupid, but u keep proving me wrong.
PS and i still stand by my statement that i was more polite then u deserved for your bright idea about opening new server. There are 2 reasons u want that.U are either moron who really belives that would help, or u want fresh start and u think with new server u would have chance. I hope for your sake it is second option. xD

Hermes

Squid Slayer
I hope other people who is less toxic would talk on this topic because I don't want to waste my precious time. Because some people started to be delusional about me and my life. Since they can talk about my life without knowing me. As I said I will be ignoring on the TOXIC people on this forum and the in game. I put my solution on the topic people can like it or not thats an solution idea. I hope next post after this include other solutions rather than my personal life or my IQ related things. Anyway my new solution is getting rid of the toxic people so we can have clean community at this moment i believe it will fix the population issues. I remember a guy was quiting the game because of the toxicity of the community also just saw the discord talk... So any other ideas.

Edit: Rather than wasting my time I should use ignore button earlier. It became less toxic immediately! LOL

kalenz

@Hermes:

There'll be toxic people in any server, new or not. You just have to accept it.

I don't see a new server magically increasing the game's population. People, however offensive, have mentioned some good ideas to boost the server which imho are better than opening a new one (I don't agree with Momorazor's way of expresing himself, but I believe he does raise some valid points). A good idea someone already mentioned would be fixing the mentoring system, which is nearly useless atm. I would rather have the managament invest money in adding features or solving issues than in renting a new server.

In my experience, playing on older servers is easier than playing on new servers. In new servers there's no plvl (or expensive as fck). In new server good equipment is rly expensive, tho NSS may be cheap for a weak or two XD. True, it will be a fresh start, more or less, but people without time/money will still lag behind soon enough. I've been there, in the old days I used to be one of those people who jumped from one server to another thinking this time I would make it to the ToP (pun intended hehe). Truth is, I wasn't constant enough to farm and earn gold.

BTW, I'm a new player here, been playing since march 16. So, if anyone feels charitable I accept donations for acquiring a 2nd gen pet, just PM Yandex or s0ul in-game, LOL.

Hermes

Squid Slayer
@kalenz I understand what you mean I accept the fact there will be always toxic ones. It is what it is. That doesn't mean we have to allow that much cancer to community because it is one reason there are not a lot new players. Second the things he said already said in previous comments which I said why not but also I said that a lot of private server did new server thing. It create hype on the game. Hype with new content etc will increase it a lot. In a way Old server has advantages like plvl which kills the half of the fun (which I used a lot plvl) equipment for cruz is already expensive and by time passing prices are going to be lower for equips. Its just an idea which i had and witnessed that it worked on many wow private server. It mostly works on those servers. Why wouldn't it work on this I mean the biggest lost a small time. Which you can literally merge server andthere wont be a problem.

Good we have some new players. (please dont ask for donation you might get unwanted hate.) hope you get 2nd gen pet. for thinking I should get 1 too lol still have that lvl 0 fairy LOL

kalenz

@kalenz I understand what you mean I accept the fact there will be always toxic ones. It is what it is. That doesn't mean we have to allow that much cancer to community because it is one reason there are not a lot new players.
Well, we can't decide who plays or not. Best thing to do if u rly can't stand someone is to ignore them and report if you think the situation warrants it. Toxic people, as you say, may be a reason for quitting, but to quit you first need to get in. And perhaps not many new people are getting in, this seems to be the issue everyone aggrees to. So lets go back to the new server proposal.

A new server would be ok, and even necessary, if the game's population was huge, but it isn't. I think the main reasons against growth are just advertising, social media presence and the fact the game is kind of outdated/stagnant. I, for instance, only play it because I felt nostalgia and I think I've only met 2 completely new players. I can put up with the weird glitches and shortcommings, because of that nostalgia and love for the game, but I bet many people won't, even if they manage to find it. (Edit: Heck, one of those players seems to have quit already, I haven't seen her the last few days)

Its just an idea which i had and witnessed that it worked on many wow private server. It mostly works on those servers. Why wouldn't it work on this I mean the biggest lost a small time. Which you can literally merge server andthere wont be a problem.
You have to see things from the managers perspective too, they won't spend more buck for a new server if the current one can serve its clients without issues, makes no sense. If it doesn't work out and they end up merging servers, they will have wasted money. Money which could have been spent on development.

Good we have some new players. (please dont ask for donation you might get unwanted hate.) hope you get 2nd gen pet. for thinking I should get 1 too lol still have that lvl 0 fairy LOL
I was joking... more or less heh. Rly, I think I was just weirdly trying to introduce my characters! XD

Last edited:

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
New server is definitely a no-no. It would probably raise the overall player base, but:
a) the old server would die out (Many would switch, even if it's just to give it a try which would cause a domino effect on other players)
b) the new server wouldn't last as long as you'd think, leading to an even more inactive player base than the old one

Why? Well, although it's true that people may be unmotivated by the current state of this server (people are high level, "ubergemmed" and so on), those who give up before they try, or after they try very little, here, would give up on the new server as well.
Vanilla simply isn't for everyone, and honestly, just like some others already said, it would be easier to progress here, than on a new server. Economy is stable, there's plenty of things to do for money, likewise, plenty of things to buy for money. So, sure, there would be people who would give it a try because "omg fresh start" hype, including people who quit this server, got banned and what not, but how many of them would stay is quite relative.

As for the WoW comparison, it's pretty unfair to compare two games and their numbers like that. Above all, what does "2k players" mean? Nothing without context.
In WoW - sufficient player base?
In a ToP server - too many players
In some other MMO - too few players

It's very relative and it's not a great source of conclusions. Moreover, saying that some strategy worked for WoW, doesn't mean it would work for ToP. Granted I haven't played WoW, doesn't take a game veteran to know there's a big difference between managing the two.

As for the "unhealthy, 2-side" PK people are mentioning, that's simply wrong. To someone not in it, it may seem like it's just 2 same groups of players fighting, but it's quite dynamic. Old people quit, a lot of new people join, guild dramas happen weekly, people split, people change sides. So no, it's not two sides fighting a holy war which rages on for decades, there's quite a lot of changes to the setup of both guilds on a weekly (sometimes even daily) basis.

To conclude, there's better ways of solving the lack of new players than a new server. But overall, it's a topic that's pretty difficult to address, because ToP is an old game which is flawed in its very core, hence it's difficult to get new players which would stay. (Who cares about those who simply take a look at the server and quit after a few minutes/hours/days - which would be a large part of the players playing the new server).

Source(s):
-Trust me dude
-Playing this server since day 1 and having played dozens of servers which tried similar stunts/strategies and simply failed.

Hermes

Squid Slayer
New server is definitely a no-no. It would probably raise the overall player base, but:
a) the old server would die out (Many would switch, even if it's just to give it a try which would cause a domino effect on other players)
b) the new server wouldn't last as long as you'd think, leading to an even more inactive player base than the old one

Why? Well, although it's true that people may be unmotivated by the current state of this server (people are high level, "ubergemmed" and so on), those who give up before they try, or after they try very little, here, would give up on the new server as well.
Vanilla simply isn't for everyone, and honestly, just like some others already said, it would be easier to progress here, than on a new server. Economy is stable, there's plenty of things to do for money, likewise, plenty of things to buy for money. So, sure, there would be people who would give it a try because "omg fresh start" hype, including people who quit this server, got banned and what not, but how many of them would stay is quite relative.

As for the WoW comparison, it's pretty unfair to compare two games and their numbers like that. Above all, what does "2k players" mean? Nothing without context.
In WoW - sufficient player base?
In a ToP server - too many players
In some other MMO - too few players

It's very relative and it's not a great source of conclusions. Moreover, saying that some strategy worked for WoW, doesn't mean it would work for ToP. Granted I haven't played WoW, doesn't take a game veteran to know there's a big difference between managing the two.

As for the "unhealthy, 2-side" PK people are mentioning, that's simply wrong. To someone not in it, it may seem like it's just 2 same groups of players fighting, but it's quite dynamic. Old people quit, a lot of new people join, guild dramas happen weekly, people split, people change sides. So no, it's not two sides fighting a holy war which rages on for decades, there's quite a lot of changes to the setup of both guilds on a weekly (sometimes even daily) basis.

To conclude, there's better ways of solving the lack of new players than a new server. But overall, it's a topic that's pretty difficult to address, because ToP is an old game which is flawed in its very core, hence it's difficult to get new players which would stay. (Who cares about those who simply take a look at the server and quit after a few minutes/hours/days - which would be a large part of the players playing the new server).

Source(s):
-Trust me dude
-Playing this server since day 1 and having played dozens of servers which tried similar stunts/strategies and simply failed.
Well stil both games are can be very different thing but if you back up your new server hype with the promise which you implement the things that are missing from the game would give the server a chance atleast. As I said its an idea and we can't be sure atleast without trying. Also I'm still positive since developers are said stay on tune so they had something planned on their mind (atleast thats what I'm hoping for).

LOQuence

Squid Slayer
This is something that people don't understand.

1.) People join and leave
2.) 2 side PK is a natural thing, even if there comes a third guild, they would sooner or later just join one of the side as ally.

Though, it would be cool to have a guild that would become an ally with someone. Like, literally a independent guild with its own leader that just allies with someone in mazes.

Hermes

Squid Slayer
This is something that people don't understand.

1.) People join and leave
2.) 2 side PK is a natural thing, even if there comes a third guild, they would sooner or later just join one of the side as ally.

Though, it would be cool to have a guild that would become an ally with someone. Like, literally a independent guild with its own leader that just allies with someone in mazes.
That what I was talking about instead of making it between 2 guilds why not third of fourth guild join the fight. Its like guild and union system.

LOQuence

Squid Slayer
That what I was talking about instead of making it between 2 guilds why not third of fourth guild join the fight. Its like guild and union system.
Obviously there is no third natural leader :D

Mrkii

I think we're not ready for 2dn server still and I agree with Momo most of new will come and quit soon afterwards... old server will die out and those who do not want to join new srever will quit old server so u're either back to where u started or as I think possibly with less players. Also there is new server opening from other devs so people here will probably half of them go there because they're sick of some people here

Hermes

Squid Slayer
You don' need to vote against on user voice. Since not voting is literally does the samething.