Lv65 Rings/Necks from DW1/2

Varrocker93

Squid Slayer
Add a chest that gives a random lv65 Ring drop from B1, and a chest that gives a random 65 Necklace drop from B2. (Or just add the rings/necks as low % drops). I would suggest making the Chest like 30% drop chance, to encourage players to use hi amps for dw again. Could even lead to some more organized chesting, who knows.

1. It'd give people a reason to go DW for anything other than PK again.
2. It'd give the whole server something new to progress towards, that wouldn't be as broken as adding say Death Sets and isn't as daunting as saving up for a piece of BD EQ/Gemming higher than lv3 ugs. This goes even more so for the people that already have max gems/equips or close to it.
3. It might bring some people back to the server that aren't - ehem - currently playing as much.

If you make the drop random, it'd also ensure that it would take quite a long time before people don't need the Rings/Necks anymore, and some chars would likely want multiple kinds of rings or even necklaces to switch around. And if you ever get the feeling that the prices for those equips are starting to crash (see lv65 Unseals), then that might be a good time to consider adding something new...

Just my thoughts, would love to hear yours.

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
+1
Giving DW meaningful rewards is good since the ref removal and unseal price drop, so is slightly progressing the game forward; but the great thing about it is the fact that the amount of stats the accessories provide is not absurd. It's absolute values since they're base stats, so there's nothing fancy like hp%/movement speed/dodge/hit rate or other stats whose value is a bit harder to judge.

Going from lv60 accessories, the increase in stats in total would be +10 (+18 for SSs, which aren't in the best spot now anyway), a lv2 UG, so it's not that much. But it's enough to be something people will want to fight for and get their hands on.

Though I'd say 30% might be a bit too high of a drop rate. Maybe ~16.67% so that it's 50% with a hi-amp seems more reasonable. Though one potential problem with that is that there's a lot of versions of those rings (4 for each primary stat) and necks, so it is a gamble already, maybe the drop rates don't have to be miserably low.

Last edited:

Dakiller

Brawling Shipboy
Game Volunteer
I don't think this is viable, since it would totally make Unique Ring & Unique Necklace Vouchers from Item Mall completly useless.
Our best bet to get this implemented, is making the Bosses drop a "level 65 Ring Voucher" and a "level 65 Necklace Voucher", which together with a new Item Mall item ( "DW Unique Voucher" ) can be exchanged for a Necklace / Ring lv 65 of our choosing.
We have to keep in mind that PKO is still a business. So if we cut their income, it ceases to exist.
@Developer

Also the Lv 65 Ring Voucher / Lv 65 Necklace Voucher should have a low drop rate (Like 2% or 3% sounds fair), otherwise soon everyone will have these new necklaces / rings, and DW would become obsolete again.

Shay shay

I don't think this is viable, since it would totally make Unique Ring & Unique Necklace Vouchers from Item Mall completly useless.
Our best bet to get this implemented, is making the Bosses drop a "level 65 Ring Voucher" and a "level 65 Necklace Voucher", which together with a new Item Mall item ( "DW Unique Voucher" ) can be exchanged for a Necklace / Ring lv 65 of our choosing.
We have to keep in mind that PKO is still a business. So if we cut their income, it ceases to exist.
@Developer

Also the Lv 65 Ring Voucher / Lv 65 Necklace Voucher should have a low drop rate (Like 2% or 3% sounds fair), otherwise soon everyone will have these new necklaces / rings, and DW would become obsolete again.
Hence the low drop rate. It wouldnt make the Unique vouchers in mall useless because the 65 rings/neck already have a low drop rate. It would just make DW much more worthwhile to do.

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
It kinda destroys the purpose of those nice mall promotions from time to time, so im not sure if putting 65 rings is good in a lv 55 maze, maybe 50 rings would be better?

Last edited:

Leba

Game Volunteer
It kinda destroys the purpose of those nice mall promotions from time to time, so im not sure if putting 65 rings is good in a lv 55 maze, maybe 55 rings would be better?
What

Varrocker93

Squid Slayer
right? because some of the 65 rings and necks are in mall, so maybe putting lv 50 rings there would be better? idk o,o
Why not remove lv65 unseals from DW while we're at it and put lv55 unseals in DW. 65 can drop from BD. BD gems can go to abba. That way no need for Death.

KKKKKKKKKKKKK

Varrocker93

Squid Slayer
I kid, but that honestly seems like an awful idea. Putting more outdated content in a dead maze doesn't really seem like it would fix anything.

Varrocker93

Squid Slayer
While that's not a bad idea, it would still make B1&2 obsolete. Also, I imagine making a new floor would take considerably more effort/time on PKO's side than simply changing the loot table of the two existing bosses.

That said, i'm always up for new content, so if there were ever to be a DW3 i'd probably be down for that. portal could open after b1 and b2 are dead or something.

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
While that's not a bad idea, it would still make B1&2 obsolete. Also, I imagine making a new floor would take considerably more effort/time on PKO's side than simply changing the loot table of the two existing bosses.

That said, i'm always up for new content, so if there were ever to be a DW3 i'd probably be down for that. portal could open after b1 and b2 are dead or something.
Then the only issue would be that low lvls will still not have a chance at b1 and b2 :/

Varrocker93

Squid Slayer
When have low levels ever had a chance at getting chests/bosses in dw? Are you trolling Spid? C'mon man

Varrocker93

Squid Slayer
Well for one, this is actually off-topic already. It's about reviving DW1&2 through new content, not about making a hypothetical DW3 for low lvl players.. xD

To reply to your point, any DW3 that low-lv characters can enter would still be ruled by high lv players in the strong guilds. There's really no point in trying to balance the game differently because that's just what's going to happen anyways.

Even if you do it like FC and DS with a lv cap, say characters under lv65 can enter, people will just make low lv characters, gem them up, and it'll be the same people farming DW3 as DW1&2. The way it is right now works fine - new players join a guild, start by leeching in mazes and farming money, slowly get stronger, buy gear, start to gem and then they're in the same rhythm as the rest. All i'm suggesting is to give people a new reason to farm DW again.