Leveling Improvement

Zeen123

Yo, im an old player, Okay. I played TOP when i was younger loved the game. Unfortunately it shut down and i was excited to play it again when i heard about PKO. The thing is im older now i don't have as much time as i did when i was younger to be getting 13% (0.04 a Mob) every 30min at lv 62 with 1.3k like i get it but u do double exp event like it a rare thing, TOP had it every Saturday and Sunday(Whole day not some 1 hour EXP event) and it still took a long time to level up. Same as Hex event it was a weekly thing to boost leveling and to get players more active. Adding this helps u increase ur income so i have no idea y u make it a rare thing. Same with party exp it should increase not decrease to prompt helping newer players, i decline every invite i get cause of this and i feel like an asshole. +++ This prompts plvlin for those that do it for gp (Tried this it sucks i can lvl faster alone).

Let be honest TOP is gonna die when all us older players quit, there aren't many kids willing to play TOP anymore it doesn't captivate their interest.

Ik a lot of u going to be like just quit, ya great idea lose another player. Everyone who doesnt play this that ik from other pk servers left for the same reason. Not asking for a major change just a boost to leveling and it aint even that big of a boost it only a boost to ur bank account >.>

Spidpex

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
Yo, im an old player, Okay. I played TOP when i was younger loved the game. Unfortunately it shut down and i was excited to play it again when i heard about PKO. The thing is im older now i don't have as much time as i did when i was younger to be getting 13% (0.04 a Mob) every 30min at lv 62 with 1.3k like i get it but u do double exp event like it a rare thing, TOP had it every Saturday and Sunday(Whole day not some 1 hour EXP event) and it still took a long time to level up. Same as Hex event it was a weekly thing to boost leveling and to get players more active. Adding this helps u increase ur income so i have no idea y u make it a rare thing. Same with party exp it should increase not decrease to prompt helping newer players, i decline every invite i get cause of this and i feel like an asshole. +++ This prompts plvlin for those that do it for gp (Tried this it sucks i can lvl faster alone).

Let be honest TOP is gonna die when all us older players quit, there aren't many kids willing to play TOP anymore it doesn't captivate their interest.

Ik a lot of u going to be like just quit, ya great idea lose another player. Everyone who doesnt play this that ik from other pk servers left for the same reason. Not asking for a major change just a boost to leveling and it aint even that big of a boost it only a boost to ur bank account >.>
This is a topic that many has been made "pls release hexa every weekend" but if that were to happen, some major issues would pop up in-game, such as people NOT levling in normal days, people would completely abandon normal grind, if they could just "wait til hexa on weekend" and just play something else in the meantime. In the long run this would make the playerbase drop significantly, and people would eventually not find the luxury in these "exp events" I've seen this been practised in many forms of "hexa" in previous top, and it was cool the first weeks, then less and less people participated cuz they could "just w ait til next week and do it"

So in conclusion, the hardcore playerbase would drop, and we would have a bounch of lazy players, and potentionally 400- players online everyday

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
So in conclusion, the hardcore playerbase would drop, and we would have a bounch of lazy players, and potentionally 400- players online everyday
There are other better options yet to be released, that include all the beauty of offline and grind leveling. Yet not so good as Hexa might be.

Zeen123

This is a topic that many has been made "pls release hexa every weekend" but if that were to happen, some major issues would pop up in-game, such as people NOT levling in normal days, people would completely abandon normal grind, if they could just "wait til hexa on weekend" and just play something else in the meantime. In the long run this would make the playerbase drop significantly, and people would eventually not find the luxury in these "exp events" I've seen this been practised in many forms of "hexa" in previous top, and it was cool the first weeks, then less and less people participated cuz they could "just w ait til next week and do it"

The player base is always at around 450-480 but how many of those players are active ? i have around 30 chars AFK farming..... Over 90% of those players are AFK (FArming /Stalling or waiting for pk maps too open) ur argument is invalid. GM could add Exp sand for Monday-Friday for 1 hour this way ppl who dont got time can just log and use there sand and lvl then. Hex isnt even that op it twice a week it would take longer to level just to wait for hex at higher lvls. Server only goes over 500players when ppl relog their alts that dced and when pk maps open up. FC/DS are capped mazes doesnt require much. Other maps have maxed chars with better gear then most cause of their lvls i would pk but i get one slashed and i slash them half their hp(cant do much till i get over 70 and buy better gear). Their so much shit being sold but not a lot of shit being bought. It takes months to reach cap u think all these pkers gonna wait months for an extra 1 or 2 pkers to start joining the fun ? by that time 1-2 players quit.

cocopuff

Squid Slayer
We shouldn't overlook the fact that players would choose another server over PKO because the Leveling rate. If we don't have a census agreement that this is a factor for not drawing in players then we can never find solutions.

rixivee

The leveling pace at this very moment is retarded. It takes a week to get to 41, which is where the game actually starts. Only thing that made me come here and is keeping me here is the fact this server actually has somewhat working economy.

The solution isn't spammable Hexathlon but something needs to be done, if this server is actually looking to grow rather than to live off couple supermallers.

AmiDami

I agree, leveling is such a pain. A suggestion is we could have 1.5X exp once a week for 1 hour, if 2X is too much. I would also like to say the best and easiest way to get to lv 41is try leveling your character using lucky packets. They're cheap as heck right now at less than 100 gold. I used around 12 stacks to lv my char to lv 30, then after that I bought mini amps at 2000 gold, (though sometimes you can buy them for less). I used around 45-50 amps to lv to 40, then chopped prosperous + fortune packets from tree of fortune and opened them for HB. I am still using hb to lv my char (currently lv 43, I got her to that lv in 4 days).

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
The leveling pace at this very moment is retarded. It takes a week to get to 41, which is where the game actually starts. Only thing that made me come here and is keeping me here is the fact this server actually has somewhat working economy.

The solution isn't spammable Hexathlon but something needs to be done, if this server is actually looking to grow rather than to live off couple supermallers.
It shouldnt take a week to lv to 41, lv 1-25 itself takes about 4 hours
You might be doing the wrong things/doing slow levling, because surely it never takes that long!

rixivee

It shouldnt take a week to lv to 41, lv 1-25 itself takes about 4 hours
You might be doing the wrong things/doing slow levling, because surely it never takes that long!

It takes 10 minutes 1-25 if you Lucky Packet it.

Let's drop the smart a**ing here.

If you are new player and have nothing, no friends to help you, can't buy anything etc. It WILL take a week to level yourself casually to 41. That is, if you're actually going with a build that will actually be useful when you hit 45+.

There are class/build combos that are easier(1/3 con voyager for example) to level but they are not multipurpose builds and will lack something later on. As you cannot really respec without rebirthing.............. Get my point?

I've played ToP since the very beginning, this stuff comes out of the spine. I am doing the right things. This is not like ToP was, we both know that. ToP had regular double and triple exp and hexathlon came into the picture later on. People would actually mentor beginners in ToP.

If server wants people to mall they need to give them a reason to mall and the reason cannot be to pay for powerleveling because they will just move onto next server.

I've seen dozens of people that level themselves to 20ish and never log on again and I can't blame them the early leveling experience is couple lightyears from what ToP was!

Gratiansin

Squid Slayer
Would be nice to have Rep for credits - Award Center where hard workers can get Fairy fruits, apparels, Leveling fruits , Hex candies etc.
Just like in Old ToP

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
Not sure if any of you are aware, but i made a FULL uncut lvling video lv 1-25 without any extra cosmetic items/miscs or any extra boosting items bought in any form

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Got a question though.. How come that the smugglers give you 300 exp in a party, when i soloed them they gave me 255..
Depending on various factors Party EXP may differ from usual. It depends on the quantity and quality of the party, as well as how many players made any damage to the mob, party leader used Party EXP fruit and some other various factors.

Summing it all up, usually, EXP in a party is a bit better than solo.