Fix Sea Commerce

Zonticore

Right now unless you have a really low tax rate your sea trading will actually lose you money its horrible for gp per hour especially considering all the money makers on land so i suggest making it more profitable. also i think it would be cool if there were trading merchants in pvp maps or pvp enabled zones that would be even more profitable than ones in safe islands, and having anyone that kills you while you are carrying some goods be able to pick it up or get something for killing you, that way it would be like pirates and traders fighting. this would add a new money maker, and would add a bunch of strategies like hiring a body guard for your trading which would make another money maker or pirate and navy guilds would have battles over the trading. In my opinion this would be a fresh and fun idea for the game.

Drakos94

So basically you just wanna ged rid of the lowering tax rate quests....but with nicer words.

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
This is already in our TODO list for quite a long time.
Basically, what is needed, is the low tax sea commerce permit.
But that is almost impossible at the current state, as quests sometimes require to kill monsters or collect unexisting loot.

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
also i think it would be cool if there were trading merchants in pvp maps or pvp enabled zones that would be even more profitable than ones in safe islands, and having anyone that kills you while you are carrying some goods be able to pick it up or get something for killing you, that way it would be like pirates and traders fighting.
This is definitely something new.
Any suggestions on maps or map zones to turn PvP ?
Or maybe NPCs at FC and DS ?

Drakos94

I think it would be better to place NPCs at FC and DS rather than turning new maps in PVP

Zonticore

This is definitely something new.
Any suggestions on maps or map zones to turn PvP ?
Or maybe NPCs at FC and DS ?
Making them in maze maps is definitely a good idea because it will keep players in concentrated amounts leading to pvp it would be best to have the traders on the opposite side of the maze as the harbor to enter the maze or atleast somewhere out of the way, that way guilds that always win ds or fc wont control the trading system. But there is a place i had in mind that i don't think is used for anything, there are some really cool looking volcanoes at (Ascaron 2200, 872) north of glacier island north east of thundoria. if you put one trader on one of the volcanoes, then there is a bunch of icebergs (Ascaron 1754, 821) to the west a little ways which i think would be a really cool place to have ship pvp in and around. somehow forcing players to go through there to be able to get to the volcanoes north west of the ice bergs (Ascaron 1501, 720) that would have another trader. that way players would be going back and forth between these volcanoes and through the icebergs fighting. the icebergs would be fast to get between islands and is the only pvp zone there, that way people don't camp the volcano islands. Also to go around the icebergs instead of going through the pvp zone should take a really long time. It would most likely be a good idea to keep it restricted to certain times like a maze timer to keep it active. Also the only repair and refuel close is glacier island which is a ways away forcing players to use ship repairs and other manufactured items to stay afloat if they want to be efficient.

PS - here are some pictures of the places i mentioned above

Last edited: