Started Create a more meaningful quest system in PKO, especially for leveling.

Varrocker93

Squid Slayer
Just a random idea that came up while we were discussing levelling in MMOs, basically my character hasn't done any quests in the game that aren't essential or advantageous to do. (So newbie quests until 10, class changes, RB, SQ, LB) This is simply because grinding very very early on becomes the fastest way to level up in PKO (whether you're killing mobs yourself or buying plvl, even when killing sandbags, someone's grinding mobs). This scales up and up to the point of near ridiculousness at lv70+, with it being just absurd after lv85.

What I want to suggest is to improve the questing experience in PKO to make people actually want to engage in doing them. This can be done in a number of ways at every stage of a character's journey in the game, but the best and most simple one would be to increase the amount of EXP you get from them.

1. Create daily/weekly quests to kill maze bosses that offer high exp rewards.
- makes people go to mazes, everyone profits, economy stays unaffected.

2. Create daily quests to kill certain mobs in the game (Abba, Summer, Naval, Skeletar, anywhere works really) that give a high amount of exp for people around the level of the mobs.
- It's possible to make mobs drop certain items during quests, therefore it should be possible to make monsters give more exp when you're on a certain quest :thinking:
- Endgame players (especially classes that can't level on their own) no longer feel so reliant on begging/paying for plvl, if you can get like 1% exp a day, you'll reach lv90 eventually, kind of like those dinners you got in top2, just give a fixed % amount.

3. Change the existing quest system to emphasize questing more with higher gold/item/exp rewards, and create a "quest guide" that tells you where to go to find quests for every level. Kind of like a "recommended quests" system.

Just some ideas, feel free to discuss.

Last edited:

cocopuff

Squid Slayer
Yes I agree. Make quest meaningful. Enough of that "players who want to do quest should do it out of their own concern" shet.

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Started  We have already discussed it. And came up with a conclusion, that we have to rework few Life Quests (Class Quests) as well as introduce another similar quest type.

Will this be a repeatable questline or one per character?

I'd like a conclusion to the main story quest with maybe some reward at the end. It's a lot of work and showing off a cool hat or skill would be cool. Maybe just a skill that eats 1 fairy coin and shoots a firework or hat that makes you have a fiery glow idk.

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Will this be a repeatable questline or one per character?

I'd like a conclusion to the main story quest with maybe some reward at the end. It's a lot of work and showing off a cool hat or skill would be cool. Maybe just a skill that eats 1 fairy coin and shoots a firework or hat that makes you have a fiery glow idk.
Story quest has a continuation. But it is related to Winter that is not yet enabled.