Can I play this game as a casual player?

MsBuffer

I can only dedicate around 1-2 hours a day, and don't plan to buy any rum points. Would it still be possible to enjoy the game, or would it take too long to get any decent items?
My main goal is just to level and play a 45 or 55 Battle Cleric to enjoy FC/DS again, but I have no idea how I'll be able to earn money.

Would you still recommend playing or should I not bother? Thanks.

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
It is, definitely. But how you spend those 1-2 hours matters quite a lot. Where/how you level up, make money and which investments you first make could turn the early grind into a breeze, or a nightmare.

Luckily, lv45-55, especially as battle cleric, is quite cheap and not as demanding (not too expensive, not awfully grindy).

It’s definitely worth it, but you need to acknowledge that it will take some time to get somewhere, and that the early grind won’t be easy, nor fast. Progress definitely feels slow, but that’s because of how the server is. There’s fewer steps of progress to reaching your desired goals - which means any progress you do is a big deal in the long run.

If you give it a go, feel free to ask for help in any way on the forums or discord, people could definitely help make your leveling and early farming during those 1-2h a lot more efficient.