Under Review Artemis Crownstone and Death cap

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
Hello, today I'd like to bring up the topic of high level hats in our beloved game. Something that's been absent since the game's start and which could be another small update that yields satisfying results if implemented properly.

Currently, the only usable non-apparel hats are limited to Ami characters, which is fine. The higher stats are not too game-breaking at higher levels and it is additional effort and investment that Ami players have to go through compared to other classes for a higher reward.
However, it would be good if other classes had hats available for use, at least in the higher levels. I wouldn't say anything like Amis currently have, but at least something along the lines of the generic "+1 all stats" Hats, similar to Death cap (Crown of Decedent) or the Water Break Helm (in ToP 2).

Instead of simply adding a hat such as that as a boss drop anywhere or adding it to mall, my idea involves the usage of a long-forgotten and useless item - Artemis Crownstone .
Currently, the crownstone is a "+2 to all stats" hat usable only by Amis, which makes no sense. The defense is too low, the stats are too low and it seems more fitting to be an all-class item, however I believe +2 stats might be a bit too much for a hat obtainable at relative ease.

My idea is then as follows:
  • Change Artemis Crownstone to be an all-class item
  • Reduce its stats to +1 all stats from +2
Additionally:
  • Make the crownstone exchangeable for Crown of Decedent through a special item of some sort (They would essentially be the same, except Death cap is mostly desired for its aesthetical value)
  • This item could be added to the Item Mall for a symbolic price
My arguments for this idea are fairly simple:
-Small expansion in the game's content and gear
-Small boost to stats; almost irrelevant but something people would still work for
-Making the only Skeletar/Naval boss (a sea boss while at it) which has no purpose of doing - purposeful
-Implementing an item which had been asked for numerous times (Crown of Decedent aka death cap) to the game through a more creative and effort-requiring, though still revenue-generating method than simply slapping it to the item mall

Thoughts?

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
Hello, today I'd like to bring up the topic of high level hats in our beloved game. Something that's been absent since the game's start and which could be another small update that yields satisfying results if implemented properly.

Currently, the only usable non-apparel hats are limited to Ami characters, which is fine. The higher stats are not too game-breaking at higher levels and it is additional effort and investment that Ami players have to go through compared to other classes for a higher reward.
However, it would be good if other classes had hats available for use, at least in the higher levels. I wouldn't say anything like Amis currently have, but at least something along the lines of the generic "+1 all stats" Hats, similar to Death cap (Crown of Decedent) or the Water Break Helm (in ToP 2).

Instead of simply adding a hat such as that as a boss drop anywhere or adding it to mall, my idea involves the usage of a long-forgotten and useless item - Artemis Crownstone .
Currently, the crownstone is a "+2 to all stats" hat usable only by Amis, which makes no sense. The defense is too low, the stats are too low and it seems more fitting to be an all-class item, however I believe +2 stats might be a bit too much for a hat obtainable at relative ease.

My idea is then as follows:
  • Change Artemis Crownstone to be an all-class item
  • Reduce its stats to +1 all stats from +2
Additionally:
  • Make the crownstone exchangeable for Crown of Decedent through a special item of some sort (They would essentially be the same, except Death cap is mostly desired for its aesthetical value)
  • This item could be added to the Item Mall for a symbolic price
My arguments for this idea are fairly simple:
-Small expansion in the game's content and gear
-Small boost to stats; almost irrelevant but something people would still work for
-Making the only Skeletar/Naval boss (a sea boss while at it) which has no purpose of doing - purposeful
-Implementing an item which had been asked for numerous times (Crown of Decedent aka death cap) to the game through a more creative and effort-requiring, though still revenue-generating method than simply slapping it to the item mall

Thoughts?
I like the idea, it also gives a diversity and could add some extra revenue to the devs, if they added such a cosmetic item to the mall, alot of the exisitng players who never got their hand on such a cap ass the assasins creed one, has for a very long time been asking for a simular cap being added to the mall, without stats, so i like this idea, hell even as just an apparel hat for the other classes

Leba

Game Volunteer
This one would require going over the whole database for existing item instance.
As a short term solution, wouldn't it simply be possible to create a new, exact same one with +1 stats and changing Black Jewel's drop to that one?

cocopuff

Squid Slayer
I didnt care to read his arguments for adding Cod, but I want it in-game, so yes. I want to see it in PKO. No fken hat gems tho. Those are stupid.

sarenokai

Squid Slayer
I think it would be a good idea. just keep the two hats the way they are except make it so all classes can use the crownstone. I also agree with cocopuff. No hat gems.

10 def and +2 stats isn't really going to change much. A little, but I think the crownstone or COD is more of a status thing anyway. Its kinda like rebirth, you work your butt off and now you have those wings and fly.

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Under Review 
As much as we like it. There is a chance that some players already use Artemis Crownstone and have it fused into headgear.
As natural as it may sound, Artemis Crownstone was indeed originally intended to be converted into Crown of Decedent but a few fragments are missing and stat points do not play together nicely.
That is why we will check what is the best way of making Crown of Decedent available. Maybe it will be exchangeable item just like all the Death Equips. Or a Drop item lets say from Abyss Lord - Hardin .

At this moment, players are not yet ready to face Abyss Lord - Hardin and definitely not ready to face Abyss Supreme - Kara .

xmarwan

Squid Slayer
we aren't ready to face hardin for sureeeeee like not until ppl get to lv100, so imo why not a reward from CTF orrrrrr DW even better to make DW useful again!
Under Review 
As much as we like it. There is a chance that some players already use Artemis Crownstone and have it fused into headgear.
As natural as it may sound, Artemis Crownstone was indeed originally intended to be converted into Crown of Decedent but a few fragments are missing and stat points do not play together nicely.
That is why we will check what is the best way of making Crown of Decedent available. Maybe it will be exchangeable item just like all the Death Equips. Or a Drop item lets say from Abyss Lord - Hardin .

At this moment, players are not yet ready to face Abyss Lord - Hardin and definitely not ready to face Abyss Supreme - Kara .

Leba

Game Volunteer
Under Review 

The idea was not only about adding death hat to the game, it's just about having a hat - a small expansion in gear/game content which has not yet been implemented in PKO, with the possibility of making death hat only a more aesthetic version of that hat.
If people already using artemis crownstone is your concern, just make a new item with +1 stats, name it the same or even differently if you've got creative ideas, replace the drop of Black Jewel to the new one, and done.
If you want to make it "fair" and somehow compensate the players who already own it, let them exchange their crownstone for something like that hypothetical item which could be used to obtain a death hat.. there's a lot of ways to workaround the "issues" you've brought up, it's only about whether you want these hats in the game or not.

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
The idea was not only about adding death hat to the game, it's just about having a hat - a small expansion in gear/game content which has not yet been implemented in PKO, with the possibility of making death hat only a more aesthetic version of that hat.
If people already using artemis crownstone is your concern, just make a new item with +1 stats, name it the same or even differently if you've got creative ideas, replace the drop of Black Jewel to the new one, and done.
If you want to make it "fair" and somehow compensate the players who already own it, let them exchange their crownstone for something like that hypothetical item which could be used to obtain a death hat.. there's a lot of ways to workaround the "issues" you've brought up, it's only about whether you want these hats in the game or not.
This kind of solution seems to be comfortable for both, Players and Developers without destroying original content.

Leba

Game Volunteer
Bump. Any chance to get a hat (in any form or shape) worth using at high level before Hardin?

Developer

Administrator
Staff member
Bump. Any chance to get a hat (in any form or shape) worth using at high level before Hardin?
We have been discussing all the possible ways.
And best we could come up is to add it to Hardin.
And Hardin comes Next year. So it is very soon.

Leba

Game Volunteer
We have been discussing all the possible ways.
And best we could come up is to add it to Hardin.
And Hardin comes Next year. So it is very soon.
Black Jewel crew is crying in the distance. Looks like no action still anytime soon

xmarwan

Squid Slayer
@Developer I don't think we are ready for hardin yet thou.

also hardin against a hat that only gives +1 stats.. it is too much for that, better to find another way of doing it.. we suggested before, just like how we get death equipments pieces done 1 by 1, it could be the same for the Death crown, that we have to farm pieces from certain bosses, for example BD, DW1,2 Bosses,Barbosa and Death Soul Commander.. with a very low drop rate just like Death pieces "3%".. this makes everyone up to fight for those in every single maze, and it is gonna make certain places alive, like Naval and Skeletar Island.

Btw if this ever happens, Naval and Skeletar should be PK Zone, just like top2, makes it more sensible and to avoid being ksed while you can't do anything about it.