Agi Build - raw data for a controversial build

sarenokai

Squid Slayer
Hey everyone,

I have always thought that an Agi build would be fun. I think the thought is that if you can attack in the same speed as a crusader you are on a whole other level. The problem is you'll never be tanky, and your damage will really stink.

I found this video made ages ago looking at exactly this. Its good raw data for discussion about the potential. all the way up to 260ish attack speed. This is with the lvl 70 Apollo frame set without gems, no rings, no pet, no skills added either. That being said if you added 100 base agi then acc and focused your equipment on acc I think this could really be a viable build.

I don't know what all of you SS fans think, or if it could work in this vanilla server, but I think it has potential. I just have never seen anyone put the resources in to make it work completely. this is jut a late night post on a build I've always been interested in creating.

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
I haven't played much SS, but the way their weapons work really makes full agi feel like a waste. If you've got high aspd, you should look for weapons/items which give high max, so your DPS increases vastly (in comparison to items with aspd like bows or without an aspd reduction like SoU gun). However, guns with high max have attack speed reduction behind them.. and considering you've got a lot of attack speed, it just doesn't seem worth it at all.

sarenokai

Squid Slayer
I haven't played much SS, but the way their weapons work really makes full agi feel like a waste. If you've got high aspd, you should look for weapons/items which give high max, so your DPS increases vastly (in comparison to items with aspd like bows or without an aspd reduction like SoU gun). However, guns with high max have attack speed reduction behind them.. and considering you've got a lot of attack speed, it just doesn't seem worth it at all.

True that the unseal weapons are just a waste because of their terrible speed reduction. Even one of the best guns the Abaddon Vanquisher agi version has a -10% reduction.

For normal guns to compare options look at the Meteor Pearl vs the Kiss of the Serpent

The meteor pearl has about 50 more max damage but holy hell -19% attack rate just put this potentially great gun into the trash bin. it might have been the SS' version of the crusader's Drakan with good stats. Although I think the meteor pearl looks way cooler that speed reduction is just the death of the weapon.

I think with a fast attack build for the SS you simply have to stay away from the unseals until you get a agi vanquisher which will be a difficult grab in this version of the game. At least for now.

I only argue this point because I've played as a SS most of the time I've played this game and the frustrating part about the class is either the slow attack speed and the paper thin def. I've tried a full con SS and you still can get 1 hit since the def just isn't enough unless you are super gamed and even then you barley make the cut. At least with a agi/acc build you have the potential to get over 300 dodge and with adequate acc counterbalances rings/acc fairy and the cheapest UG the strike, you can make a halfway decent character.

I talk alot about this because I feel the class should be one of the best, but nobody has really figured out a way to make it really shine at the highest levels.