Under Review 2nd Rebirth

xmarwan

Squid Slayer
This is a simple suggestion that will bring a lot of activity to the server.

I think it’s time to release 2nd rebirth, since abba is open now -if I recall it’s a requirement for 2nd rebirth- and we have plenty of people who have done 1st rebirth by now, it’s time to open up 2nd rebirth quest.

Some good stuff that 2nd rebirth will bring:
- Farming Sexp will make several mazes active such as DW (this solves what people always asked for DW)
- Skeletar and Naval will be more active too, that would require them to be PK Zones just like the original game to prevent KS.
- More pk means the market get healthier especially Equipments and Potions market.
- People will be tend to attend more as it affects their progress too, not just a random map that drops nothing that benefits them

wat do u all think?

Gratiansin

Squid Slayer
Randomly passed here. If they release 2nd reb and high lvl content such as Winter maps. I'm back to KoP :)

Randomly passed here. If they release 2nd reb and high lvl content such as Winter maps. I'm back to KoP :)
I played top1 and 2, and I can tell you for certain winter map is a major part of what ruined the game. I grinded to lv 90 on my char in a few years and it took time and effort, Winter propelled me to 120 with basically no effort in a matter of months. Removing the need for effort in the leveling process results in useless players making higher levels than they should, quicker and weaker than they should be, with no motivation to participate in higher level content seriously. There are many more reasons winter is a bad idea, but I'll leave it at that.

I like the idea of 2nd RB because I remember the fun of grinding sexp, as well as not being able to type sexp in the game, so I do support it- for that and many other reasons. But I'd caution all of you to consider 1 thing:
RB 2 has a buff and debuff interaction between individuals who have it and those whom don't have it. One of the biggest appeals of this game is that although it is the vanilla server, there isn't a major discrepancy at the highest ranks. There are players that are clearly stronger, and players that are clearly weaker, but no instances where a single cruz could tank multiple players of their level and kill them at the same time. At a glance RB 2 wouldn't allow this, but this game doesn't operate on merely case by case interactions. The individual interactions all compound on each other and result in a sum greater than all the individual parts, implementing something like this must be considered for much more than nostalgias sake as with the introduction of more and more content to avoid drought we could eventually find ourselves in the situation TOP2 found themselves in.

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
we could eventually find ourselves in the situation TOP2 found themselves in.
Although I agree with pretty much every point you make on your post; I believe this server can be different. I believe one of the biggest things that ruined top, and created those big discrepancies you've mentioned were:
-3rd socket
-way too many stat gems (Crack, chip at first; Azreal/Great later... followed by the mess that were Bracelets & co, their gems and so on...)
-mainly the first two points, but with time various additions like swings, cloaks, enhanced death sets, (corp) kylin, grandiose etc

I do believe that this server is balanced as it is now and if it keeps going this way, it will still remain balanced. Though we've yet to see.... if 90 were to ever get mainstream, or if we're ever to get uns 95, things may change... but this would be the first server with 2 sockets with no OP gems and such equipment. I'd say the biggest mistake(s) that could be made is if Winter/uns 95 equipment is rushed - or 3rd socket/more stat gems were added.

Although I agree with pretty much every point you make on your post; I believe this server can be different. I believe one of the biggest things that ruined top, and created those big discrepancies you've mentioned were:
-3rd socket
-way too many stat gems (Crack, chip at first; Azreal/Great later... followed by the mess that were Bracelets & co, their gems and so on...)
-mainly the first two points, but with time various additions like swings, cloaks, enhanced death sets, (corp) kylin, grandiose etc

I do believe that this server is balanced as it is now and if it keeps going this way, it will still remain balanced. Though we've yet to see.... if 90 were to ever get mainstream, or if we're ever to get uns 95, things may change... but this would be the first server with 2 sockets with no OP gems and such equipment. I'd say the biggest mistake(s) that could be made is if Winter/uns 95 equipment is rushed - or 3rd socket/more stat gems were added.
I agree, 3rd socket or glares would end this game permanently. The main reason I chose to begin playing on this server were the implementation of a max of two sockets, and a max of lv 5/3. This is a major component of keeping the balance in this game, and I’m glad the developers put a lot of thought in this and have stood behind it from what I’ve seen in the forums.

I like the fact that second RB would add more higher lv PK, along with the mini boss design beneath players... wish they’d drop gems when you killed them though