What is botting ? Are you a botter ? Bot without ban ?

Zankza

~
Staff member
This topic has been frequently discussed topic so I thought I would share some piece of facts...

• It is not illegal to be AFK
  • It is not illegal to use the client's features (Otherwise we would have removed them our self)
  • It is not illegal to auto-cast/auto-attack/auto-loot
That being said, if you are "AFK" or non-responsive;
  • Your character is walking, moving, changing angle
  • Your character is attacking, point-casting, casting multiple skills
  • Your character is sitting down and standing up repeatedly
You ARE BOTTING!

But however if you are auto-casting, auto-looting, and/or auto-attacking; those auto-system will self-expire in few minutes to prevent misuse of systems, however overtime built-in captcha code will appear and ask you to complete it, failure to fill out in timed mannerly will get you kicked out already.

And due to vigilant of players frequently GMs will observe and check for botting, and so if we suspect, we will:
  • Immediately cease your auto-attack/auto-loot/auto-casting
  • Expect you to become fully unresponsive OR
  • Expect you to be responsive
If you are NOT either fully unresponsive or responsive, IE you are still somehow casting skills, attacks, looting, YOU ARE BOTTER!

nazran59

Squid Slayer
so it mean it's ok to bot with auto casting magma BUT don't involved a third party program such as auto sit.This is exactly what I did but some people still going to report it to you....so I hope u check it first before start banning

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
so it mean it's ok to bot with auto casting magma BUT don't involved a third party program such as auto sit.This is exactly what I did but some people still going to report it to you....so I hope u check it first before start banning
Because Auto-casting is modified here, you'll have to check that character's screen if you want to auto-magma, meaning you'll have to be semi-active, meaning you'll be able to respond to a GM if you get falsely reported.

In case you missed the part, auto-cast automatically cancels itself after 10-15 minutes, meaning you're obligated to re-cast it. Additionally, continuously re-casting the skill, sitting in-between casts and other similar actions will lead to a Captcha showing up. You'll have to fill it within 1 minute or you'll get disconnected.
From my experience though, if you start auto-casting again right after the disconnection, a captcha will show up rather quickly and if you successfully fill a captcha it won't bother you for about 20 mins.

TL;DR You will have to pay moderate attention to the client(s) you're auto-casting on, so false reports are nothing to fear.

nazran59

Squid Slayer
Because Auto-casting is modified here, you'll have to check that character's screen if you want to auto-magma, meaning you'll have to be semi-active, meaning you'll be able to respond to a GM if you get falsely reported.

In case you missed the part, auto-cast automatically cancels itself after 10-15 minutes, meaning you're obligated to re-cast it. Additionally, continuously re-casting the skill, sitting in-between casts and other similar actions will lead to a Captcha showing up. You'll have to fill it within 1 minute or you'll get disconnected.
From my experience though, if you start auto-casting again right after the disconnection, a captcha will show up rather quickly and if you successfully fill a captcha it won't bother you for about 20 mins.

TL;DR You will have to pay moderate attention to the client(s) you're auto-casting on, so false reports are nothing to fear.
Thank you for clearing that out..so everything I did so far is following the rule.

BLACKmarket

Squid Slayer
Website
ftxgames.com
AFK Auto-attack unresponsive is no botting to me,

analyze this if a player is unable to respond it is for a valid reason.

If farming is botting then u are incorrect, packet generator is no bot to me.

Hope it is legit the use of packet gen./ use of Exp lots accepted?

nazran59

Squid Slayer
GM need help do you know someone report me using a auto attack on cub?
Auto howl or auto magma will expired around 5-10 mins and that mean u need to check it every time and that is OK but if u use third party program to auto insert (sit) well...ur a goner

If I may ask @Zankza , I've actually gotten a captcha code thing not long ago and all I was doing was I was in argent just browsing stalls and for some reason it popped up twice (one after another with correct code I typed in for each), thinking if theres any reasons why it may have popped up as I wasnt even afk and searching for items to buy around the town, just curious. wondering if it weren't even meant to pop up or something considering at the time Im not even outside the city. Thanks if you can answer in advance.

lifeas

Squid Slayer
Just curious, whats the point of one auto casting and one auto looting? Does it not expire the auto attack/ trigger the captcha or something?

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
Just curious, whats the point of one auto casting and one auto looting? Does it not expire the auto attack/ trigger the captcha or something?
If you're auto casting you cannot auto loot and vice versa.

Zankza

~
Staff member
Any way to have a gm present in smugglers ? Regularly to deal with spammers?
I understand you feel like it's unmonitored, but it's not, we monitor and the most people you see there are NOT botting per this guide.

Please familiar yourself with our policy and understand that actual botters get banned EVERYDAY.

I understand you feel like it's unmonitored, but it's not, we monitor and the most people you see there are NOT botting per this guide.

Please familiar yourself with our policy and understand that actual botters get banned EVERYDAY.
  • Your character is sitting down and standing up repeatedly
This is the part that I want to make an emphasis on. Idk if should stream or screens hot but that's what's going on. Anything I can do to help. Thanks for reading.