Refining Gem Supply

Zankza

~
Staff member
I'm getting bit concerned with the fact refining gem has not improved in terms of scarcity, it seems that the market is being flooded with refining gems. For economy to endure refining gems should have more valuation than it does currently, and I'm looking at options to accomplish that. It appears that there are quite handful ways of supply, varying from mazes, CA, quests, salvaging and few more. At this moment I do not have exact number but it appears that salvaging accounts almost half the supply.

My question: Which would be better approach, to reduce the supply on over-used method, or increase the demand by providing reasons or means to forge more gems, IE nerf the regular gems so they have means to be used in contrast with unique gems.

Both are quite sensitive change, but either way, seeing UGs roast at 15M and refining gem not even anywhere close to half mill is very wrong, something very terribly wrong.

swezzie

Definitely reduce the supply by limiting methods on getting the ref gems. Maybe lower the drop rate or remove the method completely. Either way, I'd like to hear from other players as well

bogdan

Hi, well the difference in price is because many of us don't gem ug, we gem glowing, lust, spirit ... if ref was like 5m, nobody would forge gems anymore so economy will go down, you should add 3 sockets in armor. Think about this, make pliers worth 500k in npc ... this might bring an impact on gems economy ...

Adking

@Zankza think the game is balanced now coz UG always cost 15m + and what if ref gem cost like 5m its hard for new comers to get them at those price

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
increase the demand by providing reasons or means to forge more gems
Someone suggested improving the useless gems like Fiery, Furious, Glowing, Shining. Considering how easy it is to get those gems and making forging them to, say, lv3 equivalent to a lv1 UG would just make people (mostly new players) jump on forging them and due to, again, their high accessibility, forging one of those to lv3 would require 7 refs, if many people decide to do it, you easily increase ref demand, along with other goodies which come from making those gems more valuable.
to reduce the supply on over-used method
It's really hard to find what brings most gems to the economy. But I'd say Salvaging.

Martroz

That is true, a new player can not go to fc or ds because they are already taken by powerful guilds, and the imitate guilds is 25 thing that does not allow to include more players.

The price of the UG is expensive, and only those who dominate Ca can farm and profit, these are already largely in bd while those who by the desorvitados prices of the equipment like CA and UG we are locked, nevertheless it is possible Get money with work and effort but not like to be able to create competitiveness, nevertheless to recreate Top1 is rewarding, but to put a morth rune to 45m a doe sealed to 7m is exaggerated, that a UG costs the same or more than a Ca frame makes A new player avoids giving the oprtuunidad to the server, I have not seen broken or craked or chiped gems exist?

Sorry for my language i use translate google xD.

z0rdian

Rarity is what makes an item expensive, UG prices are decreasing because the mazes boss UG drop rate update. I would like to see them around 10-12m, not lower than that, since they are the strongest gems next to the black dragon ones.

About refining gems, there is a way to improve the price and the pk all over the server while doing it. Remove the drop rate from everything but mazes, items with opening reward (Sparkling Wishing Stone, Ancient Pirate Treasure Map...) and story quest.

That change will increase the rarity of them and the traffic in FC and DS. Also SQ wil be a good way to get some money for the new players.

z0rdian

Im not counting OSS spam because is an obvious way to get UG, The mazes drop rate is the only update...

llilii

Squid Slayer
well, recently i saw a lot of system announcement of unique gems from nss/oss, if you saw what gems that got the price reduced greatly, you should know where they got those gems from.

Dazmo

Squid Slayer
theres nothing wrong with ref droprates... if anything take it away from 100% bosses fc ds dw problem is limited supply of ug.. who want to gem fiery?? honestly but then being from fox too..... i had to make a char just for all the refs i got in dw 20+ per 1.5 hour in dw2.... ref prices in fox were total garbage... but the economy is wierd here anyway 600k lb sets with no drop bonus??? people wanting mao for 150k lol

sorry off topic nvm...

Vandal02

Squid Slayer
I did suggested to buff the noob gems. I think it is good progressive stepping before reaching UG for those who don't have money. More value to sell. Don't look too trashy. Ultimately help economy player.

However, GM should be careful if ref gone very scarce caused by the buffs, later it will cost too expensive to forge anything...
So solution I can think in case of rapid scarcity of ref is actually increase the drop rate hehe. (well why ref has to be darn expensive? it's gone after forging anyway!..:eek:) this will flip the market make fiery and its ranks sold with ref desired price. what do you think?
(This is radical change and many people will hate me but I'll just speak what I have in mind, cheers)

I think increasing the rarity of ref gem will only suffer bigger community(ref become addition in gems list dominated by mazes ruler).

Last edited:

Dazmo

Squid Slayer
someone is spending days and days and days clicking fortune lots click click click and days and days and days opening fortune lots click click click