News PvP Mods

Zankza

~
Staff member

There used to be days where endless nights of pirates battling each to other just for eternal glory, this place is known as "Bar" a special place in argent south docks. It was used to be filled with people, socializing and sharing culture as well disagreements with only one real way of proving and that was PvP. Today I am delighted to announce that we've given PvP a new facelift including providing basic common additions. Please observe the following new PvP invitation dialog, for the initiator of battle can select rules and even wage amount!

This new PvP system is also inclusive MvM system as well, you now can initiate complex battles between 1v1 or 2v2 or even 5v5 with 50k wages from each member, and winner takes it all! As you may notice, there is now selection of map choice, currently we have few made but however we'll need to test and make sure they are in good condition before deploying. However in near future there will be map selection choices, not only there can be terrain but as well map sizes differences. Additionally now that the system is LUA powered, it will be not long before there are custom mods for PvP as well, for a CTF mode, undead mode, dodgeballs mode, and so on the limits are limitless practically.

As you can see, after the initiator chooses the rules and gold wage, the dialog is now present to both side with final and confirmation of what rules, the icons with red diagonal line over them means it's disabled, in this case stealth, pots, and buffs are disabled. However Revival, Healing, Melee, and Skills are enabled! Additionally there is wage of 31337 gold, which means if both side accepts, the system will take away 31337 gold from each player and whoever wins battle will be given 62674 gold by system automatically! This new PvP system is largely in BETA and would require a lot of feedback and polishing, we expect there to be lots of faults and bugs, please be wary of betting too much gold and something might not be properly disabled (such as a pots being supposed to be not allowed but yet usable). Additionally, you should share your opinions and experience while using this new PvP system in here this topic.
Pirate King Online Team

Spidpex

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
It's a great addition! <3

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
Now another thing that would be great to see, as bar will be more crowded nowdays, would be a Bar "punching bag" more or less, a NPC or Monster, (maybe a scrub Lv 1, thats right outside argent) That will just stand still, that people can Slash, melee and just in general test their damage on

This NPC/Monster can't die ofcourse, since it should have unlimited hp

I've come up with possible locations for this NPC/monster to be!

Would it be cool to have this?

Last edited:

ryusenga

Squid Slayer
Now another thing that would be great to see, as bar will be more crowded nowdays, would be a Bar "punching bag" more or less, a NPC or Monster, (maybe a scrub) That will just stand still, that people can Slash, melee and just in general test their damage on

This NPC/Monster can't die ofcourse, since it should have unlimited hp

I've come up with possible locations for this NPC/monster to be!

Would it be cool to have this?
That sounds VERY good... You know, like a good MMO

Well done PKO staff , this is a great addition to improve bar PK . Can't wait to start PKO again ✌

victorbna

I really liked this idea! I feel that there ought to be a temporar clock. If the match doesn't finish in "1hour"(example), both parts gets their money back. Thanks for your attention

Leba

Game Volunteer
Just 2 suggestions from my personal experience in the PvP:
  1. Add an option to disable Manufacturing Items as well. (Or at least flash bombs)
  2. Regarding the skill + melee disable; either allow disabling only one of those, or add a timer in arena which automatically ends the match if no one received any damage in X minutes. Ten maybe? Since people have been abusing this to keep people stuck in PvP for 30 mins until the match automatically ends.

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
Regarding the skill + melee disable; either allow disabling only one of those, or add a timer in arena which automatically ends the match if no one received any damage in X minutes. Ten maybe? Since people have been abusing this to keep people stuck in PvP for 30 mins until the match automatically ends
Yep, this way there can't be a match where pople cannot hit eachother, so it wont be a fault bet match where nobody can do anything, and they both ends up loosing money because of that

DontBanMe

Squid Slayer
Why not make a Guild vs Guild (GvG) option. 2 Guilds come to bar and the leader challanges the other guild leader with a GvG, if the both leaders accept the invite, all the guild members that are within the bar area get teleported to PK map.

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
Why not make a Guild vs Guild (GvG) option. 2 Guilds come to bar and the leader challanges the other guild leader with a GvG, if the both leaders accept the invite, all the guild members that are within the bar area get teleported to PK map.
this sounds abit overkill, but the idea itself is good!

underdawg

Squid Slayer

There used to be days where endless nights of pirates battling each to other just for eternal glory, this place is known as "Bar" a special place in argent south docks. It was used to be filled with people, socializing and sharing culture as well disagreements with only one real way of proving and that was PvP. Today I am delighted to announce that we've given PvP a new facelift including providing basic common additions. Please observe the following new PvP invitation dialog, for the initiator of battle can select rules and even wage amount!

This new PvP system is also inclusive MvM system as well, you now can initiate complex battles between 1v1 or 2v2 or even 5v5 with 50k wages from each member, and winner takes it all! As you may notice, there is now selection of map choice, currently we have few made but however we'll need to test and make sure they are in good condition before deploying. However in near future there will be map selection choices, not only there can be terrain but as well map sizes differences. Additionally now that the system is LUA powered, it will be not long before there are custom mods for PvP as well, for a CTF mode, undead mode, dodgeballs mode, and so on the limits are limitless practically.

As you can see, after the initiator chooses the rules and gold wage, the dialog is now present to both side with final and confirmation of what rules, the icons with red diagonal line over them means it's disabled, in this case stealth, pots, and buffs are disabled. However Revival, Healing, Melee, and Skills are enabled! Additionally there is wage of 31337 gold, which means if both side accepts, the system will take away 31337 gold from each player and whoever wins battle will be given 62674 gold by system automatically! This new PvP system is largely in BETA and would require a lot of feedback and polishing, we expect there to be lots of faults and bugs, please be wary of betting too much gold and something might not be properly disabled (such as a pots being supposed to be not allowed but yet usable). Additionally, you should share your opinions and experience while using this new PvP system in here this topic.
Pirate King Online Team
how is this new to pko when the first pko had done this update many many years ago,all you guys did was take the idea from them and claim it was yours lol?not meant to shoot you down but give the credit where it is deserved,

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
how is this new to pko when the first pko had done this update many many years ago,all you guys did was take the idea from them and claim it was yours lol?not meant to shoot you down but give the credit where it is deserved,
I never recall this feature in pko....

underdawg

Squid Slayer
I never recall this feature in pko....
its all good ~<`~ I'm sure ive clicked those boxes before, and I haven't pvp,d here yet at all,it wasn't set up like this one,with the icons at the bottom but we had the options,im speaking of the first pko,before tops sued them for the rights, anyway great update guys,did you play foxlv? maybe I'm thinking of there?

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
I played foxlv, but this feature is brand new tho