New server

This topic was something I discussed with Zankza many times back in FoxLv, until he released the second server. I think you have the wrong approach to this. You shouldn't wait for 1k players to open a new server. You should open a new server SO you can get 1k players.

As someone who played FoxLv, played at the start of this server and am coming back, i'd like to have a chance to be competitive.

We can see many players returning but quitting soon after because of lack of motivation.

Back in FoxLv the progress was fast, but the ceiling was high. Here the ceiling is low, but the progress is slow. New players have a really hard time competing with 2y/o characters and get demotivated.

IMO there should be a new server every 4 or maybe 6 months. It is enough time for the top players of the new server to get similarly strong to the top players of the old server, while still being always fresh and inviting for newcomers.

This way it is always fresh, you never have a wipe, merged servers will have instant pk, everyone coming and everyone wanting to start over will have a new chance and the game will be kept healthy.

U better find way how u can competitve with chars who play 2 year. But one small secret - start play atleast and u see gap between new player and maximun old mature pro player lv80 with all maxed gems not so big as it possible to make in this game if GM stupid. All what u need to start competitve few items, fairy and lvl. All this items u can get from market - just farm and plvl ur char. Any new server have ppl who will be best in few day and i dount u can competive with them if u make vote like this.

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
I agree with @dualswordmaster , catching up on old servers is easier than new ones, due to the availability of necessary items to go into higher level PK. It's more boring to catch up because you basically have to grind until you reach a certain point, usually with fewer people your level and nothing "exciting" to do until then, but it's a lot more friendly than new servers where common items such as CA gearstones or uns 65 aren't readily available for sale for a long time, let alone high level pets, plvl and etc.

I think that an established server presents more opportunities for players to catch up, unlike a new server. But I do feel that in order to grow the game, opening a 2nd server would not be a bad idea. Just don't prematurely open a 2nd server like..-cough cough-. PEEEEEO did. xD.

You guys are basically saying that newcomers should just grind through the boring part until they get to the part that they are on a similar lvl to the top players... who are basically capped because the server is vanilla?

I fail to see how newcomers and veterans get the motivation.

If newcomers don't have a chance at the top because the server is old and oldplayers have nowhere to improve...

Do you guys get what I am saying? Where is the motivation?

You guys are basically saying that newcomers should just grind through the boring part until they get to the part that they are on a similar lvl to the top players... who are basically capped because the server is vanilla?

I fail to see how newcomers and veterans get the motivation.

If newcomers don't have a chance at the top because the server is old and oldplayers have nowhere to improve...

Do you guys get what I am saying? Where is the motivation?
why new comers don't have a chance at the top? can u explain? motivation for newcomers - become strong and fight with old one. Old one players wit no grow can finnaly skip booring part and enjoy other game content.

I was one of ppl who start at OLD server. ALL my enemy was super strong. I just take some lvls join guild and start enjoy all game opportunities. Now I have strong char and can competitive with others on same lvl. to be honest was EASY.

Last edited:
In a new server, every1 has to grind. Every1, there is no mentor to help plvl, no established market. It's actually harder for people to enter a server with nothing established. In an established server, new players can get mentors to plvl, or if they have $$$ to spend, then they can take shortcuts.

Well, I disagree, but i respect your opinion.

I think there is a reason original ToP launched servers regularly. It's fun to start over and it is good for the business having 300 players reaching for the top.

Also grinding in a group when you are fighting for the top is not boring. It is actually a lot of fun.

A huge part of the MMOs is improving. With nowhere to improve, things get stale. I think this is the reason this server droped from 1300 to 500 players

I agree with your statement that in order to grow the player community, PKO should consider opening another server. PKO is the most stable server I've played on with the least bugs, so if any1 can open a viable 2nd server, it'd be PKO.

I like the idea of having a new server but...

IMO there should be a new server every 4 or maybe 6 months. It is enough time for the top players of the new server to get similarly strong to the top players of the old server, while still being always fresh and inviting for newcomers.
i dont share your opinion, a new server every 4 month means less than 100 players online on each and most of them offline stalls.. the server needs way more publicity

The reasons why i think some may want a new server:
* Gearing takes too much effort / time. This is because pvp is not an option, CA & BD is dominated by top guilds which are full or just recruiting high level / geared players so to get decent gear you have to buy it from others, meaning tons of hours farming gold or spending real money for rums (like you said, demotivates people and most of them just quit).
* At some point becomes hard to progress through the story quest, rb quest or any pve situation basically because you dont have the apropiate gear or the amount of people to do them with because the reason above.

So basically, cant play competitive...

A new server might give you the oportunity to start fresh, join a guild, be competitive, get motivated knowing you can actually enjoy end game content playing against people who have almost the same lvl and gear as you, but i bet most of those current top guilds will also try to be the best on the new server, hardcore players who will play together taking every decent spot to avoid other players from outlevel them...

i dont share your opinion, a new server every 4 month means less than 100 players online on each and most of them offline stalls.. the server needs way more publicity

* Gearing takes too much effort / time. This is because pvp is not an option, CA & BD is dominated by top guilds which are full or just recruiting high level / geared players so to get decent gear you have to buy it from others, meaning tons of hours farming gold or spending real money for rums (like you said, demotivates people and most of them just quit).
* At some point becomes hard to progress through the story quest, rb quest or any pve situation basically because you dont have the apropiate gear or the amount of people to do them with because the reason above.

A new server might give you the oportunity to start fresh, join a guild, be competitive, get motivated knowing you can actually enjoy end game content playing against people who have almost the same lvl and gear as you, but i bet most of those current top guilds will also try to be the best on the new server, hardcore players who will play together taking every decent spot to avoid other players from outlevel them...
So the argument to not opening a new server is that old players will also work their ass off to get to the top again?

That's what I call motivation! Hahahahah!

The argument that in case a new server is released it will be more attractive is actually an argument IM FAVOR of a new server.

Whoever wants to join and stabilished server, can join the old one. Whoever wants a fresh start, can join the new server. Them after like 6 months there is a merge, instant pk for top guilds and a new start, keeping the options open and the game always fresh.

Did u even start play ? At pko always some guilds recruit playrs new or not with eqp or not dosnt mattet. Guilds fight for good newcomers...

Jax, what if newcomers dont want to join an established server and be part of the beef history? I do think that it is a perspective that we should consider other than just expecting them to join the PK guilds. I get it that people may want a new place to start fresh. I respect that.

Last edited:
So the argument to not opening a new server is that old players will also work their ass off to get to the top again?

That's what I call motivation! Hahahahah!
No, im not saying that is a reason not to open a new server, its just a side note.

Whoever wants to join and stabilished server, can join the old one. Whoever wants a fresh start, can join the new server. Them after like 6 months there is a merge, instant pk for top guilds and a new start, keeping the options open and the game always fresh.
A merge every 6 months sounds interesting, you should have mentioned that before haha.

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
Jax, what if newcomers dont want to join an established server and be part of the beef history? I do think that it is a perspective that we should consider other than just expecting them to join the PK guilds. I get it that people may want a new place to start fresh. I respect that.
A lot of people with that mentality join thinking they'll be the best but end up getting beaten by those who have more time, money or knowledge (or a mix/all) and they quit. It was the same here too, there were so many forum threads where people were looking for groups to be the best, to win the server while it's fresh, then end up quitting shortly after. You can legit join any new low-rate server which is hyped, and you'll see the same thing over and over.

I think the problem in PKO's 2nd server might be that not enough long-term people join to provide the server with good PK and competition; instead you're left with a bunch of "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was" newbs who quit shortly after joining.

A lot of people with that mentality join thinking they'll be the best but end up getting beaten by those who have more time, money or knowledge (or a mix/all) and they quit. It was the same here too, there were so many forum threads where people were looking for groups to be the best, to win the server while it's fresh, then end up quitting shortly after. You can legit join any new low-rate server which is hyped, and you'll see the same thing over and over.

I think the problem in PKO's 2nd server might be that not enough long-term people join to provide the server with good PK and competition; instead you're left with a bunch of "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was" newbs who quit shortly after joining.
But people keep trying :p

That's why I suggest a merge after some months (which by the way was at the first post xD). The old servers will have instant pk, the quitters and hopeless will try again and the game will be kept fresh.

I did it myself and only succeed like twice. Ironically, once was right here when I played with punish3r and Cruz512, Wing was the top SM for almost 2 months b4 my vacation ended and i had to come back to work.

Anyway, everything here is just my 2 cents on how to keep new players coming and old players motivated.

On FoxLv even though Disney ruled it was very nice, decently easy to progress and I had a lot of fun. But even though the server was almost 1 year old when I joined, there were a ton of newcomers when official was going downhill and I came from official with Fallen, who is an incredible person.