Event Game Event - Sleepy Reindeer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankza

~
Staff member
when i throw a snowball at the mob, do i have the same chance of winning than other ppl? what i mean is, the ones throwing snowballs first have the same chances as the ones throwing the last ones?. i ask this to avoid ppl saving snowballs for the last hit, etc.
Unfortunately, it is the last person (who does killing blow) on the monster that gathers drop. The magical snowball does between 2-5 damage, and so, it could be when reindeer only has 5 HP left, and could take three more snowballs or even just one to kill it. It's all part of timing/luck.

DeusEx

and could you do something to avoid ppl farming snowballs for next reindeers?, ppl farmed many snowballs now reindeer didnt even take 1m to go down from ppl that farmed snowmans on previous ones.

Mzero24

Squid Slayer
and could you do something to avoid ppl farming snowballs for next reindeers?, ppl farmed many snowballs now reindeer didnt even take 1m to go down from ppl that farmed snowmans on previous ones.
This. Please, this.

Make the snowmen spawn with the reindeer, or the reindeer spawn in a random area. Otherwise this event is 100% pointless.

See exhibit:

Leba

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
This. Please, this.

Make the snowmen spawn with the reindeer, or the reindeer spawn in a random area. Otherwise this event is 100% pointless.

See exhibit:

What are we supposed to be seeing here?

What are we supposed to be seeing here?
I think that most of times the reindeer spawns in this area, and ppl is leaving the char there while play in a main. So when the reindeer spawns, he can simply change screen and kill the reindeer. But yes, the picture is a lame...

Mzero24

Squid Slayer
Two voys waiting for the snowmen to spawn and a stall in the middle of Icespire.

Because that's where they always spawn.

DeusEx

but my point is, when reindeer spawn, snowmen spawn, then ppl kill them and farm snowballs but dont use them ASAP, but rather keep many of them to use un future reindeer and throw all at once and get the reward.

PanMilan

Brawling Shipboy
but my point is, when reindeer spawn, snowmen spawn, then ppl kill them and farm snowballs but dont use them ASAP, but rather keep many of them to use un future reindeer and throw all at once and get the reward.
whats wrong with that lol every event has loop holes

Mzero24

Squid Slayer
whats wrong with that lol every event has loop holes
That the reindeers are meant to only take damage from snowballs that drop from weak snowmen so everyone stands a chance.

Then you get a bunch of people camping to gather snowballs basically eliminating the whole purpose the event was created for (accessibility).

FinalLegacy

Squid Slayer
I've been to reindeer 8 times(?) and it hasnt spawned in the same spot twice for me. I've also won twice and I am not a pro by any means, in case wanna make that argument. A firm grasp on coords in icicle helps as is icespire haven tix so you don't be late. I can't stress that enough.

Of course keeping snowballs is part of the event as is timing your throws to be the last to hit or the most to damage(since I have no firm grasp on which actually makes you keep socks). There is nothing wrong with keeping your snowballs to be the last to hit. If you don't you're just wasting snowballs. Whole point of the event and anyone, ANYONE, can do it, as long as you can time your hits to get snowballs in the first place. I have just a 1027 conch and I can manage to score some so I imagine everyone has a chance. Takes a little skill, some major speed and most of all, luck. I really don't see what people complain about.

You can't complain just coz you can't win. This is better than spawning some actual mobs. Pros would get an actual advantage when it comes to that. If it seems pros have an advantage here its because they have more experience in the game and maybe better net speeds, and that seriously helps.

Mzero24

Squid Slayer
Every time I've been there I get there with a pack of other people and there's no one there except for this odd camper.

Then three snowmen die and automagically some people there have tens of snowballs to throw at the deer.

Yeah right.

FinalLegacy

Squid Slayer
Every time I've been there I get there with a pack of other people and there's no one there except for this odd camper.

Then three snowmen die and automagically some people there have tens of snowballs to throw at the deer.

Yeah right.
Like I said, be faster. Of course a lot of people would get there before you and that's not on them.

Like I said if it bugs you that people save snowballs for later keep some yourself. For the most part its not that people farm so they have some for next time but having 3 is not really gonna win you for sure. I collect them until reindeer hp is low enough for a final push, and when I have some left when it dies, fine, it goes next time. Nothing wrong with that. If anything it gives people who can't get 10 snowballs at a time a chance. Ridiculous to go for the reindeer on full hp when you only have one snowball. Of course you won't win, please play with some sense of strategy.

I still don't see what the problem is. You can do anything they do if you can just get snowballs. If you can't get snowballs thats all on you. Pumpkins for hexa work the same way

Mzero24

Squid Slayer
There is no 'be faster'.

I got there with the very first people. Like I said, the only people there were a couple of campers (screenshots above) and they weren't even the ones that killed the snowmen, the people that came along with me were.

The problem is that only a handful of snowballs dropped, yet those that had been camping the snowmen got away with the kill because they had buckets of snowballs they had farmed in advance.

FinalLegacy

Squid Slayer
Ok, then like I said, farm snowballs too. It's fair play since everyone can do it. Don't waste them when you only have one and reindeer hp is full. If you can't farm them there's really nothing to complain about, that's your own fault.

1.) If you're saying you never had the chance to farm because they killed it way too fast, imagine where they got theirs. There are times when they kill it in 2 spawns of snowmen but there are times when it takes 15mins and that's your cue to farm.

2.) If your problem is that you are not on when they are up for long enough, then you don't play enough. Those guys that farm them are there enough times to farm them and it's not their fault if you can't be there.

3.) If your problem is that you are there enough times but you can't kill them, you are not alone. But like I said I am not by any means a pro, and my damage is not that good since I am mostly a con-voy, and yet i've won twice. The remaining reason your may not be able to farm is your are too weak(sorry to say but I've played just a month too. They can't really do much if you can't damage at this point.), your internet is slow, you lack timing, or just plain bad luck.

I'm guessing people's argument is that farming them should be illegal but again, I stress, it's fair play since everyone can do it

Mzero24

Squid Slayer
You're missing the point, and that's three times in a row. I won't try to explain it any further.

PanMilan

Brawling Shipboy
You're missing the point, and that's three times in a row. I won't try to explain it any further.
seems like this server is too hard for you bro :D

FinalLegacy

Squid Slayer
As far as I can understand your problem is that previously farmed snowballs are being used on the reindeers, and I am saying you can do that too so it's fair play. If you're saying it should not be fair play then I'm sorry you think that.

I would like to argue though that people losing all their snowman kills from previous spawns would be more unfair since obviously the high damagers have a better chance of getting snowballs.

I was looking at your older posts and you were suggesting to make the snowmen spawn with the reindeer and I would like to point out that that is already the case. The snowmen only appear when the reindeer is up and it spawns every minute or so. They farm the snowballs from previous spawns of the reindeer which you can do too. It's not like they farm the snowballs from outside the event.

You also suggested to make the reindeer spawn at random locations and it already does. I think it even spawns at random times.

If I still did not get your point, then I guess I'm sorry. I'll make this my last attempt at reasoning with you.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.