Event Decide Our Next Event - DONE

Zankza

~
Staff member
GLEAM-contest.jpg

We're excited to allow players to simultaneously participate in deciding which event they want to see and enjoying the event itself. "Decide our next event" is simply known as D.O.N.E., and it works primarily with gleam, for those who do not know what gleam is, gleam is a web application that designed to allow fair and quick contest giveaways. We've elected to use this service to encourage and gather all players' votes (and give out rewards to those people who vote). To kick-off, We're going have something more simple and elegant for everyone, to D.O.N.E., all you need to do is enter the official gleam contest, and perform the necessary task-list, and you officially become eligible to contest rewards, PLUS whichever the outcome will determine what event to be hosted upcoming. Joining and completing the contest will be known as "DONE" so when we have yet another contest, you can ask your friends if "have you yet DONE?" aka "have you decide our next event?".

Our very first DONE event,

https://gleam.io/xdzaa/your-entries-decide-our-event

Once again, this is event that determines the NEXT event, and so, we encourage you to DONE and ask your friends if they have DONE yet too.

Pirate King Online Team

Zolouz94

Sorry to be the first to reply this and say that once again its a very shame, facebook pages related? to vote i must use facebook? upload things? danm, i cant belive we cant go into the easier methods, its a pain to make accounts and get account slots, and whats their worth? why dont you make a list of the possible events and let 1 vote to each account.

Zankza

~
Staff member
Sorry to be the first to reply this and say that once again its a very shame, facebook pages related? to vote i must use facebook? upload things? danm, i cant belive we cant go into the easier methods, its a pain to make accounts and get account slots, and whats their worth? why dont you make a list of the possible events and let 1 vote to each account.
Thanks for your concern, you can review our privacy policy and re-consider your life choices of being unique by trying to fight against the majority society of integrating via facebook. I apologize you see it as inconvenience when I see it as convenience. Hope you feel the same way one day.

rukosoen

I can see 1000 online in the web site... It´s impossible decide for the last option... hexatlon + 1.5x, for example if i have 1000 online, i put 1100 + / - you need to see, the quantity people join to the game. it´s just suggestion. Thank you.

Preetham

Squid Slayer
if i have 1000 online, i put 1100 + / - you need to see, the quantity people join to the game.
if you read the instructions carefully , 1 user can do 4 tasks ( entries) , if 500 users do all 4 tasks it is equivalent to 4 x 500 = 2000 entries

Dakiller

Brawling Shipboy
Game Volunteer
if you read the instructions carefully , 1 user can do 4 tasks ( entries) , if 500 users do all 4 tasks it is equivalent to 4 x 500 = 2000 entries
And posting the picture actually gives 5 entries if I'm not mistaken

Spidpex

Official Game Guide Writer
Game Volunteer
Sooo....we have to do all 4 to get the HB's? or can we just do 2 of the entries?

Dakiller

Brawling Shipboy
Game Volunteer
Sooo....we have to do all 4 to get the HB's? or can we just do 2 of the entries?
As far as I know, every entry is valid, only 10 "entries" will be rewarded with 10 HBs each. Read the event description on Gleam

Zankza

~
Staff member
As far as I know, every entry is valid, only 10 "entries" will be rewarded with 10 HBs each. Read the event description on Gleam
Yes, but you can only win once. 10 entries just means you have 10x more chance to win over someone who entered once.

Spidpex

Game Volunteer
Oww ripp, so its luck depending to obtain these hb*S ;/

Zankza don't get me wrong, the Exp Carnival was great! I see that with these tasks you are trying to get new players to come, while divulging the game.

But I think a good way to get new players to come and keep the current ones (I'm thinking on quitting, for example) would be to have 1 say a the week x2 Exp.

This would not be an non vanilla feature since TOP had it on Saturday.

I don't see the harm of having Hexa every week also. But maybe it requires some kind of infrastructure I don't know...

Zankza

~
Staff member
Zankza don't get me wrong, the Exp Carnival was great! I see that with these tasks you are trying to get new players to come, while divulging the game.

But I think a good way to get new players to come and keep the current ones (I'm thinking on quitting, for example) would be to have 1 say a the week x2 Exp.

This would not be an non vanilla feature since TOP had it on Saturday.

I don't see the harm of having Hexa every week also. But maybe it requires some kind of infrastructure I don't know...
Thanks for sharing your opinion,

I don't think we are ready for 2x on week-frequent at all, let alone 1.5x week-frequent.

qepasooo

why can't we just have 1.5x or 2x exp every saturday?? i remember waiting every saturday for this, it was cool, and was what actually kept me playing in the old top
if not at least let us have hexa, it really made a -couldnt find the word- (bad english) of community doing that quest idk why, i guess because some people ask for help in doing the quests and it creates some sort of nice environment where every helps each other xD

plus, its nice to know there is something waiting for me every saturday, like a big event, you know?having none makes me feel weird, it makes me feel like the game is kind of dead xD

why do you think we are not ready?

Leba

Game Volunteer
why can't we just have 1.5x or 2x exp every saturday?? i remember waiting every saturday for this, it was cool, and was what actually kept me playing in the old top
Because there would be no reason to level during the weekdays, everyone would just be waiting for weekend and it would make leveling substantially easier.
if not at least let us have hexa, it really made a -couldnt find the word- (bad english) of community doing that quest idk why, i guess because some people ask for help in doing the quests and it creates some sort of nice environment where every helps each other xD
Not only is Hexa a lazy way of leveling, it would spit on every person-who-leveled-the-hard-way's face because people would be able to get EXP much more easily via Hexa. Moreover, same logic from above could be applied. No point in leveling during the weekdays if it could be done more easily during the weekend.
Not to forget, people don't really help each other during Hexa. Considering it's 10-20 (usually 15) minutes long and Candies being expensive, few would go out of their way and spend a few minutes to help someone out, because that means less exp for themselves.
plus, its nice to know there is something waiting for me every saturday, like a big event, you know?having none makes me feel weird, it makes me feel like the game is kind of dead xD
Well, as cool as it may seem on paper, you're not really encouraging people to play on weekends, you're discouraging them to play during the weekdays.

qepasooo

mm well idk i think its important to have a big event at least once a week for the same reason ive already said, plus i dont think people will stop playing during weekdays, not everything is leveling; some people do quests, other mazes, other farm for items, etccccc

and regarding that of spiting on every person who leveled the hard way's face.. well that's life, they'll get over it, if they have to make changes at some point they cant be thinking mm i dont think its fair for the 5 people who leveled the hard way... they have to think for everyone who is playing

Leba

Game Volunteer
mm well idk i think its important to have a big event at least once a week
I'd argue that it makes the game a bit more stale. Having random events every few weeks/every month has made a lot of people come back because those events become "special", "unexpected", "spontaneous" - you get the drill.
plus i dont think people will stop playing during weekdays, not everything is leveling; some people do quests, other mazes, other farm for items, etccccc
Sure, they won't stop, but leveling is like half the game. Mazes open every 3 hours and you don't always want to catch them, you don't always need to farm, and most quests are pretty much garbage.

Zankza

~
Staff member
And the first DONE has come to end!

Ten winners are automatically selected, to view the winners please visit the gleam page, and if you see your name on the list, please post here in topic and inform you are a winner, a staff will step in and make personal contact to arrange delivery of 10 HB.

An topic with schedule for 1.5x exp and 1.5x drop is to follow shortly!

Congratulation everyone, that was very short race. We have more than enough "unique" entries, and if had everyone, submitted a PKO picture, easily hexathlon would have been possible =3.